Pack 4 pictures into one

Hi everyone!

I need to pack four black and white pictures into one.
Is there any way to do this using photoshop or GIMP software? Or some other software, but photoshop or gimp is preferred.

I want to clarify my need.
I need that each b&w picture will be in different channel of combined image.
For example I have next pictures:
pic_1
pic_2
pic_3
pic_4
And on the final I must have a picture which one contains four ARGB channels, with
A - pic_1
R - pic_2
G - pic_3
B - pic_4
channels in it.
Hope now it’s little more clear what I want to do :slight_smile:

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Support > Other Software”

You can do this in GIMP or Photoshop using channels. That said, if you’re already familiar with Blender’s Node Compositor, it’s pretty trivial to do with the Combine node.

Thanks for fast answer, Fweeb

I will be watch on blender’s compositor later.
I trying to achieve this in photoshop. I did a new picture, than I added new alpha channel to it, and than I paint on each channel. After I save picture in png. When I check the resulting image everything fine in R, G and B channels. But alpha channel is pure white for some reason.
I try to save my image in two different methods (“ctrl+s” and “File/export/Export as…”) and I always get the same result.

PS:
Open your 4 BW images. => Create a new Document with the same resolution.

The 4th channel (alpha) must be created first.
See the first pic, right lower corner.
Select your first image ® => ctrl+a => shift + ctrl + C (copy) => Change to your created “Combine”-image.

Make sure that on the right side the “channels” tab is activated. => select R => ctrl + v.

repeat for all channels.

Edit
To save as PNG (with alpha): File => Save for web… => PNG 24bit

Thanks for reply, rbx775

But how to export that image from psd to png file?

To save as PNG (with alpha): File => Save for web… => PNG 24bit

I edited my post the same time you posted this. Unlucky timing ! :smiley:

I save it with png24 settings. And my alpha channel is full white for some reason.

But I found how to cope with this problem. I save my picture in to bmp file format, and everything is fine now. :slight_smile: