WIP - The Quad Room mini game (BGE)

Hi everyone.
    I decided to give your attention to my old frozen project.

screen1.jpg

Why is the project frozen? Because there was no platform like Portal™, there were no ladders and glow (flare) - it's all already decided and given to your attention.
    In one example, all solutions - platform, ladder and glow (Flare)
    There are already two rooms ready, but they need to be improved - probably there will be a Box projected cube map, and graphics like Mirror's Edge™.

At the moment it is necessary to make the player's settings - squatting, anti-slip from oblique surfaces ... it's all me too, braked, and cut down the possibilities of realizing the ideas of the levels (rooms). For example, in the second room, I wanted to make a platform - but the player slipped from it - everything stopped ...

Link to the project

Thank you for attention.

p.s. Many thanks to Martins Upitis, for an example of a box projection cube map and cool graphics. This prompted me to improve the graphics in my project.

The old style of graphics that was when creating a theme.
    the_quad_room_01.jpg
    Last edited by Nick Manchul; 27-Jul-17 at 07:12.

The preview looks super polished. Good job.
    My website | My YouTube channel | My Blendswap profile | Current Project: [BGMC 25] Ant Panic!

I sell custom logos for $5 (among other things). Check them out!

I think you should focus on gameplay before graphics, or make a team with someone to work on logic/ code and someone working on graphics.

Originally Posted by Nicholas_A View Post
    The preview looks super polished. Good job.
    - Thank you. And the gameplay itself, and the idea?

Originally Posted by Smoking_mirror View Post
    I think you should focus on gameplay before graphics, or make a team with someone to work on logic/ code and someone working on graphics.
    - I know that it's hard for one to develop games,but with BGE is a little easier. But there is an example of one person's game, a good game — Antichamber from Alexander Bruce .Especially with the advent of Steam™ - everything became even easier.

At the moment, I already have some work to do at least to finish those projects that I started. When I gain some experience in the development of games,then I can unite in the team and make a significant project. My style— "easy man, easy.". Everything should be a “step by step”.

In my head, certain developments and projects have already matured, for which a team is already needed. But I do not see that team - I created the actual topic of "FPS settings", it's for everyone - but no one really helps, only a certain Vladas (Владас, not familiar to me) - we solved three important problems with him — ladder, fast glow and platform.

Hypothetically,I myself can create style games like "The Quad Room mini game"(already with the best graphics, this project is almost a year, and a lot has changed over the year) - but not against the work of the team, and even behind the commercial project.
    Last edited by Nick Manchul; 12-Jun-17 at 05:33.

restart for my little project

Hi guys, I'm doing a restart for my little project ...
    Screen1.jpg
    Screen2.jpg

How do you like the new style? The menu can then make it lighter - ashy ...

If anyone is interested, here is an example - the_quad_room.blend

Thank you for attention
    Last edited by Nick Manchul; 24-Jul-17 at 19:04.
    Link to my Google Drive - a bit of textures, models ... my archive (updated - 26/07/17)

Originally posted by Nick Manchul p.s. Many thanks to Martins Upitis, for an example of a box projection cube map and cool graphics. This prompted me to improve the graphics in my project.
    I must say honestly your Graphics look really really awesome all thanks to Martins Upitis i must say Martins Upitis doe's amazing work on the blender Game Engine !!!

Fred/K.S
    Current project's:
    Latest:http://Speed Racer A Whole New World 2 (2017) (WIP)

Originally Posted by Fred/K.S View Post
    I must say honestly your Graphics look really really awesome all thanks to Martins Upitis i must say Martins Upitis doe's amazing work on the blender Game Engine !!!

Fred/K.S
    - there is not so simple - I had to give up the "cube map" - this mini game in the style of Indie, graphic excesses are superfluous, and I have not completely understood with the shader CM. What I learned from Martins - understanding what a lightmap is, and the fact that it is quite small in resolution. And the fact that on a weak computer without baking in Cycles beautiful games do not happen. And after studying the example of Martins, I understood how caustics (reflected colored light) add realism to the scene ... In short, even without the CM shader, there is a great merit for Martins.

Martins is an intelligent person, this is a fact - I only have hoarfrost on my brains . And yes, he did a lot for the Blender community.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Nick Manchul; 25-Jul-17 at 02:50.
    Link to my Google Drive - a bit of textures, models ... my archive (updated - 26/07/17)

Hi.
    Finally decided to remake the game to a new style - baked the start room and the corridor. I put a shutdown script on the lamps so that there would be no reflection in the other rooms. Refused the steps in favor of oblique surfaces.
    I made a save, thanks to him - Leralasss. But completely the problem with the save function is not solved.
    The files in the archive have been updated.

Thank you for attention.

All greetings again.

Here's what I have for today:

screen2.png

Made a menu - pause and basic. Refused from 3d menu on the wall in the direction of the classical.
    Modeled room_01 and baked the lightmap.

Files in the cloud are updated

Thank you for attention.

P.s. In the fight shaders SSAO HBAO BLOOM, won - ta-da! - Cycles bake and lens_scale technic
    Last edited by Nick Manchul; 31-Jul-17 at 14:03.

Hello everybody.
    Well, I did a little bit of my game ...

screen2.jpg

What is done:
    - made auto-save when passing the first room;
    - made an interactive sign "Q" - after the passage of rooms, sign will change the color by 1/4;
    - reworked the logic of passing room 01, now more interesting;
    - has developed a help menu - now much better;
    - changed the door logic, now you have to go to the door and press E - so better, the door does not work when you do not need it.
    - slightly adding sounds ...

It seems to me, the game has already acquired its style, it remains only to develop the rooms - room number one is ready.
    Who knows the script to pause the sounds? Help me please.

Thank you for attention.

ps - archive file has been updated
    Last edited by Nick Manchul; 13-Aug-17 at 08:01.

Hello again.
    For today I have a small update ...

screen1.jpg

Room 02 is ready - you can see the file in the work folder.

Thank you for attention.
    Last edited by Nick Manchul; 13-Aug-17 at 16:10.