Geely Emgrand 7 Facelift Concept

Hello,

This project is a logical continuation of Geely Emgrand EC7 RV
The main idea was to leave metal parts of the body as they are and revise bumpers, headlights, taillights etc.

In the beginning I supposed that a creation of something new should be much easier than recreation of an already existing object.
But it turned out that it’s not that easy :slight_smile:

So, here are first renders of the facelift concept. Soon I will show a creation process and a form evolution as well. Hope you like it.

P.S. The project is now finished. A final set of renders may be found here: https://blenderartists.org/t/geely-emgrand-7-2020-concept

22 Likes

Here I will post intermediate renders of a form evolution as well as renders of a final shape.
Hope it will be interesting for you.

So the main idea was to revise non-metal parts of the car. I started from the front part.

Firstly a rough draft was made (first attempts with graphical tablet):

As you can see from the first post the draft and the final shape are almost different.

2 Likes

And here are the first bunches of intermediate renders that were made while working with the front part of the car:

More coming soon!

3 Likes

Your model looks very clean, would you mind posting some wireframes?

1 Like

Ok, I’ll post some soon.

Love the work. Headlights look great.

realy nice i love it…

Thank you!

Here are some wireframes:

To cut the bumper I used boolean + bevel modifiers on top of subsurf modifier.

3 Likes

Very nice, thank you!

Here are the next several screenshots of a shape evolution. As you may see there were different variants of headlights.

1 Like

Ooh looks good!

Holy sh… your headlights look great. I’d love to see a tutorial on how you make them, from modeling to texturing to material stuff…

There is always a lack of time, but maybe I’ll create some quick tutorials soon.

Here is a new bunch of shape evolution screenshots:

1 Like

And here is a final bunch of screenshots that represents a front part modelling process. Currently I’m working on a back part of the facelift concept and hope there will be something interesting to show soon.

2 Likes

Here are some renders of a rear part of the concept:

And here is a rough sketch from which a modeling started:

As with the front part, the sketch and the result are very different.
In several next posts I’ll show a form evolution from the sketch to the result.

2 Likes

So, here is a first bunch of a back part shape evolution. Different ideas were tested.
More coming soon!

1 Like

Your modeling skills are insanely good. Really great work on a complex model, and the textures are fantastic.

Thank you!

Here is a new bunch:

1 Like

Here is an evolution of tail lights shape.
Finally I decided to use leds where possible. It should be less expensive than lasers & fiber optics.

1 Like

And than you meet the master!! , wow man this car look so real too me in anny way, A class stuff you show here:eyebrowlift:.