cycles lens flare

thought i would post this might be useful to some of you

this is the set up for both flares clean and dirty
clean is on top and dirty is on bottom all you need is a light source to do this
you can do what tweaking you need to get this to work for you and good luck
you have to render the light source moving in what direction you have it going in
then go to the compositor and finish

1 Like

forgot have another set up have to make it in parts because it is so big the first post is the testing phase sorry about that

this is part 3

the image is used to create the dirty lens effect so if you have an image input it into the erode node

This is, by far, the best lens flare I’ve seen in cycles. It’s a shame they haven’t implemented a proper solution for a more realistic effect in all this time. Hopefully one will be implemented soon. This is a great work around though, great job!!

Thanks I couldn’t find any Flars any where and i was watching glebs cinamatic version And came up with this about a month later started seeing flares on YouTube after I made this and glad to help with this

Here is Flared, an add-on for Blender 2.80 (Eevee only) to generate hi-quality lens flares in realtime, directly in the viewport, while working. So, there’s no need to use the compositor. Flared is very easy to use and highly customizable. You can find more information on the website or the facebook page. Please, let me know your view about it.

1 Like