Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Originally Posted by Piotr Adamowicz View Post
    The Blender Game Engine
    People need to understand there are 2 approaches towards Blender used for game development.

1. Use blender as an Asset Production tool.

2. Use blender as a Game Engine.

As an asset production tool, with the help of Eevee, GOD BLESS BLENDER.

As a professional game engine? You are mad out of your mind even with Eevee. (Though, this may change in the future. And any improvement for blender is welcome by me.) Using blender as a game engine just for fun isn't too bad.

Originally Posted by TeaCrab View Post
    As a professional game engine? You are mad out of your mind even with Eevee. (Though, this may change in the future. And any improvement for blender is welcome by me.) Using blender as a game engine just for fun isn't too bad.
    If Blend4Web would have Eevee graphics, I have a feeling a lot of artists in arch viz will gain new found appreciation for Blender.

Originally Posted by TeaCrab View Post
    People need to understand
    Why are you repeating what I just said? \_(ツ)_/

In any case, sure, I agree.

Originally Posted by JustinBarrett View Post
    why does everyone cringe when people bring up game development with eevee?
    Let me revise my reply:
    Because when you write it like that people think you mean the BGE. Or at least I did. "Realtime engine asset production" would perhaps be less ambiguous?
    Last edited by Piotr Adamowicz; 19-Jun-17 at 08:42.

Originally Posted by Piotr Adamowicz View Post
    "Realtime engine asset production" would perhaps be less ambiguous?
    My understanding is that this is exactly their initial goal. The UpBGE team may or may not use Eevee and as far as I know, they are currently not working together since Eevee is not yet in a stage where this would make sense.
    From what I have read and seen in the commits, they are currently aiming for the "less ambiguous" goal.

@indy-logic...I do not rain on others parade...that is the difference. I do not complain that cycles gets love or compositor etc...I complain about the people that always find a way to complain about any development being done by features they do not use. If you look at my post again you will note that the realtime viewport would only benefit from having realtime scripting and physics...not just for games....
    ArchVis, realtime Baked + scripted Animation, and any type of realtime service you want to provied...I really do not think you read my entire post at all....I also find your response a bit ignorant.

on a side note(yes another ) game graphics do not need to be ultra realistic to be good....but having some good screen space shading can add some character.

@Piotr Adamowicz: most people who use the game engine(I cannot speak for all) have moved over to UPBGE...it get's updated with a new release monthly....if you do not know what you are talking about, you should not make statements....it's a given that people may not realize this...but this is due to it not being everyones interest...No Problem...I get that....

ok, sorry for taking this off subject...I do have something related to eevee I wanted to bring up..

has anyone heard or are there any plans to enable realtime GI probes to be baked into vertex colors? I'm sure we will figure it out, but I do not know if that was possibly being thought about...I mean to say verticies storing illumination information and color.
    Last edited by JustinBarrett; 19-Jun-17 at 09:38.
    "The crows seem to be calling my name." Thought Kaw.
    Project Valiant

For me the Eevee will be what i needed years before - no more waiting for the frame to render.
    As for the UPBGE and Eevee, heres a quote from the main dev:
    hopefully we will not wait 2.8 release, we are currently talking with the Eevee team and making a proposal for a common API used by Eevee draw engine and (UP)BGE.
    So all the features of Eevee will be possible in (UP)BGE.
    anime, manga, blender3d

Originally Posted by Akira_San View Post
    For me the Eevee will be what i needed years before - no more waiting for the frame to render.

Excellent news, thanks for sharing.
    "The crows seem to be calling my name." Thought Kaw.
    Project Valiant

Originally Posted by Akira_San View Post
    Eevee's real-time rendering is pretty much what MachStudio Pro used to be.

MachStudio Pro was promising, but too early and not very well integrated.
    /*----------------------------------------------------*/
    System: Win7 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), ATI 7970 3gb, EVGA 590 3GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567