making a 3d city look realistic for a live action set

Anyone here have any step by step instructions on how to get a city to look realistic enough for a live action film?
I’m mainly a rigger on blender and not familiar with the other stuff so excuse me if I’m using incorrect terminology

Perhaps these tutorials would be useful (they are a bit older but should still work):

And a city

The first thing I would do is to search for an analogous scene/shot that has the quality level and similar composition or feel you want to achieve. And then take it down to pieces: what is the visible level of detail, lighting, atmospherics etc. One hard thing will probably be selling the scale as this is affected by a lot of different aspects including camera movement (move too fast and it looks like a toy model), detailing (not enough visual detail and it looks like toy model) etc.

A better word would be plural: “sets!” :yes:

You will be using this digital world in a number of shots, so you need to know exactly what those shots will be. You will need to know where each camera has been placed and what are its parameters – lens focal length, f-stop, and so on. You will need to know in great detail what shots will be filmed using each one. You then must construct the sets, taking extreme care that every prop is correct, the proportions are correct and so on.

Real actors need a real world to play in.