Can't get hair system onto cloned model

I have this model with eyelashes (hair particle system). I ended up with a cloned model that has 2 weeks more work on it but WITHOUT any hair particle system. And, I want to get the hair off the old Object onto this new better Object. For example you have Lady Gaga with eyelashes and then import Elvis Presley and want to move the eyelashes onto HIM. I can’t! I tried so many things. I don’t want to add them again, the “data” is already there. The panel is grayed. And there is a modifier box saying “convert”, which keeps coming back.

If you are willing to restyle (recomb) the hair, you can copy the particle system settings onto the new object. You would need to copy over the material as well.

If you need the styled hairs, you can delete unnecesssary verts on the original object and just move it until it is lined up on the new object, and then parent the old object to the new one.

The solution I came up with last night was to try and join the two objects - delete all but the eyes on one and then the eyes but all else on the other, then it will have the particle system of course! I hope.

Btw when I try to add it over, the hairs are placed everywhere, and when i add the vertex group “Eyelashes” only the bottom of the right eye has hair, and like 8 times more hair then usual.

Plan not working…after deleting all mesh but eyes of model 1, the hair teleports other places…

Ohp, disconnecting hair/all fixed that.

Also hair particle system still completely dies on joining objects…unless parent object to old object