ZBrush 4R8 available. What do you think?

There will be livestream of new ZBrush on 13th June on http://www.zbrushlive.com/.

Live now https://www.twitch.tv/videos/151603342##
New enhancements:
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?207225-ZBrush-4R8-Available-Now!
Live Boolean
Gizmo 3D
New LightBox with 3D Content
Alpha Streaks
Alpha 3D
Lazy Mouse 2.0
ZSphere DynaMesh Mode
Brush Magnify
Vector Displacement Mesh

They finally got a proper manipulation tool!

I might start using zbrush now.

It looks like the app. now is about as good at mechanical and architectural modeling as it is with organic modeling.

All it needs is a full suite of animation tools and certain types of artists might end up abandoning their current DCC apps. in droves (though to be fair regarding the mechanical stuff, it would still be far cheaper to buy HardOps, Decal-Machine, and friends from the Blender Market).

I wish it had other bridges to other render engines, not just keyshot.

It looks amazing… and you can’t argue with their upgrade policy! The manipulator gadget is a gamechanger IMO… makes ZB a more mainstream 3D creation tool instead of a great sculpting tool with a wacky UI. The way you can lock/unlock the pivot point is a really nice idea that I wish we had in Blender – really speeds up the model manipulation.

Really wish that ZBrush features come to B2.8.

I like non destructive live boolean and alpha 3D brush.

Nice additions

Still not using Zbrush for hard surface modelling though.

It just didn’t seem like a big update.

MODERATION
Threads merged

This dude DJoN TuK is really good at pushing hard surface with zmodeler.

The booleans and deformers look great but the star of the show was the transformation gizmo (a couple of years too late)

I’ve no doubt of the capabilities of Zbrush,
I have doubts that it’s anywhere near as good as a modelling tool as Fusion 360 or blender

Really? This is a pretty huge update. The boolean tools alone would have been enough for all of the justified hype but to actually have a normal (ish) manipulator in Zbrush is pretty nice. For a free update it is big. Then again, all of Zbrush’s updates have been free…gotta love Pixologic. :slight_smile:

I used a lot Zbrush, I’m into collectible and 3d printing, to be honest I have the some though about, not so a big update (but anyway is not a major release). Live booleans look very similar to Booltool, if only blender viewport is more capable, and new gizmo is nothing so great, i prefer, for sculpting, the dear old Zbrush gizmo, the new one look more indicate for poly modelling

Late to the party, but I’m following tutorials on zmodeler and dang this is powerful. Almost as powerful as Blender’s modeling tools, even with my neatly arranged pie menu setup. Wow !

4R8 was a fantastic release!
Absolutely fantastic!

It’s becoming a very powerful and fluid program that’s very capable for all forms of modeling outside of the spline/CAD world.
It was already top dog for sculpting!

There are companies that would suck your money every month and then there is ZBrush!
Release after release (on top of 4R) the product gets better. Any body else would have charged 3 or 4 times more for these minor releases.

I’m not sure what you expect out of zbrush. It’s strength, and main use, is for sculpting ridiculously absurdly dense meshes. It’s the only tool out there that can do what it does as well as it does it.

It doesn’t really need you to trust it’s capabilities. It’s position is uncontested. Even Mudbox is on the chopping block.