Support edges break the circle

Hello dear guys, me again, struggling with highpoly modeling.

Could you please give me a hint, how to accurately manage these two areas?

1. I tried to put edge loops differently, but even when the corner itself looks okay, it breaks the entire ring’s form when smoothed because of adding new vertices.

2. It is sort of allright, but I still think I could somehow improve the shape.

Attachments

bottle.zip (101 KB)

Yea, it’s actually quite tricky modeling problem.

For one you need more resolution around so that the edges that get added from directing the flow doesn’t affect the surface too much. The more resolution around, the less it needs subdivisions from the modifier. But, the modifier also subdivides the whole object so have to take that into account throughout the mesh.

Then there’s the symmetry problem on #1. I’ve asked about that long time ago and

making the cut on a 90° angle helps to keep the illusion of a uniform circle, rather than cutting to it when the surface already makes an angle.

Not perfect. I’m hiding some of the surface imperfections. I used 18 sides around which is still quite low. Could use more and have a cleaner flow and result through that.

Attachments

untitled.blend (105 KB)

Oh, that’s you again, my praised saviour. Thank you, there is a lot info to dig into, looks like it will be a busy day.