My UV unwraps are not Symmetrical

Hi all. When I try to unwrap my model after aply the mirror modiffer the unwraped mesh doesn’t appear symetrical. looks like one side is bigger than the other. The mesh and the seams are 100% symmetric. I cant find the problem. Thanks a lot.

Nor can anyone else since you haven’t provided anything to work with. Guesswork at best, which won’t be popular.

Use screenshots to explain, share an example .blend file of the problem for troubleshooting + communication, and acknowledge the replies. Then just maybe there is a chance someone could and would want to help you with that.

You are right. Basically this is what happens. As you can see one side of the Maya deforms differently from the other. In this case the right side is stretched more.
There’s not doubles vertex, the seams are totally symmetric and all normals are in the correct position.

Thanks again.

What you did there was ignore my tips about the required information by not uploading an example .blend, and cropped the screenshot so it only shows the same information you already had written.

That is alright, it’s a very common way of posting. Thought I write and recommend otherwise instead of just typically ignoring the whole thread. But that’s also all I had patience for, best of luck with solving it.

Well, you’re not obligated to answer anything. I think there is enough information and the question is quite clear. I can not share the blend because it is not mine. Anyway thanks for your advice.

Have you tried selecting each section and unwrapping them separately? Then stitching them across the middle line?

Hi Macser. Thanks you for the answer. I have tried dividing the face in two island. The top part is working perfectly the bottom doesnt. When I try to seam the middle line the problem get worse.

Did you try straightening the UVs by the center line and pinning them, then unwrap? try also both methods, Conformal and Angle Based. Ultimately, with Live Unwrap switched on, you can keep keeping pinning UVs on both sides to straight lines, the Live Unwrap will take care of the rest.

Hope that helps

Thank you Jpthrash it works perfectly!.