ImportError: DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application

I’m trying to install VisualSPhysics addon for blender and keep getting the above error message. The VisualPhysics addon appears in my addons folder, but when I attempt to activate it by checking the box it throws the error. The error message seems to be triggered on attempting to import _ctypes (I can’t figure how to copy the error message from the popup. It’s quite long but ends with the attempt to import _ctypes). When I open a python terminal on my own machine (Windows 10 64 bit) I can import _ctypes without any trouble. When I open Blender and try to import _ctypes from the terminal there it throws the error. I have tried to copy across my (Python 3.5) version of ctypes into the Blender folder; I have renamed the blender python directory and linked to my own Anaconda python 3.5 environment (which doesn’t throw the error) etc. Somewhere, somehow it seems that Blender is trying to access a 32 bit version of something in the import list. Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Support > Technical Support”

It might be the same issue encountered here.

Somewhere, somehow it seems that Blender is trying to access a 32 bit version of something in the import list.

That’s not necessarily what this error means.

…granted. Although I’ve since discovered another one of my addons throwing the same error, but triggered by the import of a different module (socket this time). I can import the module from either of my pythons(3.5 & 3.6), but from within Blender I get the error. Enough yak shaving for me. Thanks for the help but I think I’ll just move on from this to something more productive lol.