Dining table

How to make flower more realistic

Attachments

Add better lighting and maybe subsurface scattering in the petals and stem.

1 Like

What is the purpose? What is the desired result? In what medium, what for? What’s the context?

1 Like

first make environment blend in (feeling real & unobtrusive) then focus your look on the flower… you’ll start to see & remember the details missing
… and maybe you’ll realize, to look closely one would take a step back, calm down, maybe take a seat… to observe such beauty… contemplate on it’s meaning, purpose… essence

1 Like

First of all I would focus on making a better composition, also color wise, a red flower on a red background is tricky. If you make the table cloth white it would pop out immediately and look much better already.

1 Like

@burnin @martinZ @Nikkita
This is the pic I was trying to replicate…This is a real life pic of my friends dining table…

Attachments

Have you seen the cherry blossom tutorial by A. Price? The material looks really nice on that one. There is also what looks like a nice flower tutorial by Bandyte.
The petals need thickness. The ends are too pointy. The stem is too pointy too shiny, and too saturated. You’ll want to work with the leaf shader more. But I have not done this much so I can say what to do. Some lighting should be hitting the flowers so people can see them since they are the focus of the picture.
Keep working on it. :slight_smile:

1 Like