How can i fix the uv's from an obj file?

Hello there,

I bought an model online for 3DsMAX, but i don’t have that program and always using Blender.
So with that file became an .obj and .mtl file.

Unfortunately i couldn’t make the .mtl file to work and ended up with no textures on the object.
It is a lot of work to set all of them myself but well as if there is no solution i will do that.

But then i stumbled upon another problem, the uv mapping isn’t right with the textures i am setting, the whole model is allready unwrapped but for blender in the wrong format?
How can i fix this? Because if i’m not then it is ungoing work for me :frowning:

Is there somebody who could help me?

Thank you in advance!
Greetings,
Linda

For me it looks like that that is not even the right image for that UV. Maybe try to load the right one, I guess something that looks like a flower thingy instead of seaweed.

But that’s all just a guess.

According to the link below the .mtl file doesn’t need to be imported and blender should automatically associate the .obj with the .mtl.
Have you tried going into rendered view?

https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/5110/how-to-import-a-mtl-file

This also may be helpful, although I have not followed all the links to find the final addon:p.

hihi seaweed :stuck_out_tongue:
It is the right image, these are the green leaves of the anemone. But the uv unwrapping is in parts because there are more green leaves and one image. Thanks for your reply!

I had already tried this addon, but it doesnt seem to work with blender 2.78. My whole model turns white and all the nodes have a greyscale colorramp. No textures.
But i have to say honestly, i dont have that much experience…so i have tried several things and clicked on buttons and went from blender render to cycles. I guess that BI materials are the basic materials blender render is using.

But well, another example, when i import the .obj file, and set the texture node myself.
This time on the vase, the material/texture also appears on a flower. Is there a change it is wrongly exported by the maker of the model?
I have an old version of 3ds max, maybe i can fix something myself? Or i can ask the maker?

That is because they share the same material, see the little ‘2’ on the right besides the material name? That means 2 Objects are using that specific material.