New Character

Hi guys This is a new character i am working on
I want you to tell me what you think
Especially on the topology

The topology looks really nice. He looks like he will animate well.

Thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

this is my first steps on texturing the character…still have alot of work to do!

This is what i did so far for the texturing part…i made a shader too so i can see the effect of the texture better

Well i made an armature for the character and almost finished the diffuse map (Still have some areas to fix) and then i’ll make the Bump, Spec & Norm Maps
this is what i’ve done so far …let me know what you think

the progress you made on this is spectacular. and very nice work!

as for improvements, as you might have noticed the feet are too red, and you can see the seam on the different textures.
also the SSS is too strong; it makes him look very small and made of wax.

many people mistake that the key to realistic skin is SSS, but more noticeably, especially on larger bodies (i.e. whole body vs. just the head) it’s in the reflections and shadows on the skin that make the bigger difference. you said you’ll work on that later, I look forward to seeing what you do with it. look at some images of realistic skin painting and just human bodies in general and you will see this nice browns in the shadows and lighter yellows in the highlights.

wow you’ve just summarized most of what i was thinking to make as improvements (the red foot and the strong sss …etc ) i really thank you for your comment because opinions and advices of other artists are important to ajust the work thats why i keep posting progresses here …so thank you
i hope it will ends up nice

I did some sculpting to give it more details on the anatomy of the body and then created a displacement map

1 Like

Now i am trying to sculpt the micro details on the skin in order to export a normal map

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like