Mesh Fusion site...

I do not know if someone has posted the link here before but I did see it for the first time and thought that it is worth to be shared. It is a site where the authors of the well known Modo plugin-tool have gathered in one place a massive information about their product. It is very impressive indeed, a real breakthrough in the area of modeling. The video I put below is explaining the ways to modify the boolean seams.

Imagine: you have such a flexibility not only in producing so fine bevels on boolean seams but you have the opportunity to modify them, afterwards, in various ways -and mostly with real time feedback- too. It seems that such tools will be, very soon, indispensable for every 3D modeling app. So, it is something that the team of the Blender developers too must keep in mind.

http://www.braid.com/fusion/help/videot/videot-S3/index.html

Mesh fusion with the ability to do fillets and boolean operations at that speed is the only part of Modo I really would die for having in Blender. For fast concept modeling it for sure is a pleasure to preview fillets and blends at that speed!

I agree, a feature like that, would probably make blender a LOT more powerful than it already is.

Yes it is so, exactly. Modo is great as an app but it has no much more things to be jealous of for a Blender user other than this particular tool. If Modo was cheaper someone could consider buying it even if only for owning this tool. But it is too expansive for making someone consider such a decision.

There is another plugin that does the same things, in a very affordable price (100 euros), also but there too you have to own Maya.

We need such a tool in Blender, without doubt. It would change, in a radically significant way, the whole modeling process in the app.

The Hard Mesh plugin’s site link:

That tool is awesome, because it makes you less worried about topology, and working with just shapes in mind, in my opinion. very powerful!

Those are modeling tools that are especially useful in hard modeling tasks, where a modeled object has to remain unchanged in its shape.

In the case of Mesh Fusion its authors first made a stand alone app titled ‘Groboto’. It was a quite affordable app as to its price. But then instead of continuing its development they focused totally on producing Mesh Fusion as a Modo plugin. Groboto makes such booleans but it does not give the opportunity to edit every fillet separately on an object. This limits its abilities in a very significant degree of course.

It is strange, indeed, that there remains such a silence around those apps, here in the forum. They deserve to be one of the most central themes of discussion nowadays in every 3D modeling circle. I did contact the authors of Hard Mesh and they replied quickly and very politely. They would have an interest to make their plugin work for Blender too (they have plans to make various versions of it, so that it may work with many major 3D apps as they said). But there must be a massive interest, as is understandable, for their deciding to undertake such a task. A dense discussion about the need of having such a tool here, in the forum, would catch their attention for sure.