Trying to screen record and coming up empty.

I am currently trying to refresh my blender skills and I am freehand modeling a character.

I decided to record my progress so that I can reference it the next time I model so I can fully grasp what I did right and wrong but I ran into a problem.

All the tools I tried have not worked well.

I tried the built in blender functions but the only one letting me set a file destination is the screenshot, the screencast doesn’t give any indication of letting me save at all.

Windows 10 has built in functions for recording, aimed at games, and while it saves the file it doesn’t let me use blender while recording.

I tried VLC media player, but I can’t can’t even get it to save a recording just as a test.

Any advice, I’m sorry if this forum for this.

I tried the built in blender functions but the only one letting me set a file destination is the screenshot, the screencast doesn’t give any indication of letting me save at all.
The Render / Output location

Alternatively you could use OBS

thanks for the help, in addition to using the internal blender tools, I figured out how to use the windows 10 tools, I just needed to hover over the blender icon then click the window so it doesn’t close the recording.