First Post - Bedroom Interior (CC Appreciated)

Hi guys, i’ve been snooping around the forum for a little while now and finally feel the urge to create a post of my own.

I’m not new to Arch Viz, but am pretty new to Blender or any form of ‘Advanced’ 3d modelling tools. I’m a Sketchup user so making the leap to Blender was a bit overwhelming at first. Still have no clue how nodes really function or which nodes to plug where but i’m still learning and I think i’m getting better as I go along.

Did this for a client last week. It’s one of many rooms in a Bed & Breakfast our city. Let me know what you guys think and was i can improve and also things I should consider in future renders.

Thanks!

Attachments

After you graciously commented on my post, I felt the urge to see the type of work you do. And this is nice :slight_smile: Are there more images from this b&b project?

great renders! i wish the last b&b i stayed at would’ve looked like that (especially the bed, it looks super soft and comfy!). the floor would probably look even better with a normal/bump map, but it’s not really noticeable except in the last shot (the wall-floor area looks a bit weird, but you could put a skirting board there to simply hide it ;)).
if you wonder about what some of the nodes do, blender guru has an encyclopedia (well, two, one for inputs and one for materials) for them, with lots of pics for different settings so you don’t have to mess around with them yourself to see what’s happening in the scene.

Well done! This is really nice!

The only thing that I’ve spotted is the blankets.
I think you should turn smooth shading on and maybe add a Subsurf modifier, because they look quite low poly now.

Also they seem that they were made with MD. There you can also test to quadify the mesh during export. Sometimes it gives better results specially when combined with subsurf,

Very beauty, nice work.
Regards.

@SunBurn - Thanks pal, means a lot! Yea now that you mention it the sheet does look very low poly. Should have really smoothed it out a bit. I odn’t think i’ve played around with the subsurf modifier yet but I have a good feeling it will soon be my best friend :slight_smile: Appreciate the feedback SunBurn!

@Skaldy - Thanks Skaldy!

@ michalizisman - I responded to this a long time ago but my messages had to wait on approval from mod and I guess it got lost. Appreciate the feedback bud! There are more images of other rooms (currently working on) but this layout has been approved for half the rooms.

@ deadlock53 - Thanks pal! Dunno why but i’m just seeing your response. I’ll checkout Blender Guru’s encyclopedia. Thanks a lot for the links man truly appreciate! One love!