How to make game for steam?

I want to create a BGE community in Indonesia, especially in Kudus. And I think BGE is good for making games. But I want to know, if I can make a game with BGE, then how to sell games in steam?
:):slight_smile:

Here’s a list of steps to complete before you can sell a game on Steam:
Step 1: Make a game

Here’s a list of steps to complete before you can sell a game on Steam:
Step 1: Make a game

Second that!

“Step 1: Make a game”…omg:D…he knows that,right?
I think his question is incorrect…maybe he wanted to ask - How publish great BGE game on Steam?:slight_smile:
…but publishing BGE game on Steam is torture, I thing…BGE games on Steam is more or less zero.

The Greenlight now gone…now you have to pay for each published game 100$…and when you make 1000$ Steam return you 100$ back
…just sign to a Steam…fill out a VAT document as developer…i don’t know…I’m not on the Steam.
You can use Itch.io or GameJolt this are pretty cool.
Good luck!..but again publishing with BGE is TORTURE!!:D…even more Steam alone is overheated with a crap games:D

…but publishing BGE game on Steam is torture, I thing…BGE games on Steam is more or less zero.

:D:D:D…:eyebrowlift:

…just sign to a Steam…fill out a VAT document as developer…i don’t know…I’m not on the Steam.

You need to establish a company in your country. Then apply to Steam company approval process. Then, if you are approved as a Steam developer, you will have to pay 100$ to submit your game to Steam Direct and after 1 month from your payment, you will be able to actually release the game on their platform.
Oh…and as a new Steam developer, I think you will have to pay additional 100$ to them…for the approval process.

You can use Itch.io or GameJolt this are pretty cool.

I personally made 28$ on itch.io with 4 games…pretty cool…I guess not. :slight_smile:

…publishing BGE game on Steam is torture

Publishing BGE game to Steam is a pretty simple process. Actually, that is the simplest thing from all the above information. And it really doesn’t matter if the game is made in BGE or Unreal…Steam platform don’t give a f*ck, as long as there is an .exe file, that starts the game.

I personally made 28$ on itch.io with 4 games…pretty cool…I guess not. :slight_smile:

Yes…it’s because itch.io is’nt so well-known like Steam between gamers but this could very quickly change:rolleyes:

BGE games on Steam is more or less zero

lol when people don’t know what they’re talking about points at haidme’s signature

Yes…it’s because itch.io is’nt so well-known like Steam between gamers but this could very quickly change

It could change, but certainly not quickly. Steam has been around for 10 years longer than itch, so its arsenal of games is exponentially larger than that of itch’s. On top of that, because you can’t make good money off itch, people will continue to put their games on Steam. Steam holds the market right now, it’s where the money’s at if you actually want to try and make $$$ with games.
Edit: For reference, Steam holds 400+million games (that have been played, more if you count the games that haven’t been played), while itch holds less than 40K.

Personally, I wouldn’t put my game exclusively on itch if I planned to make money off it. And in any case @arifoxs, you should only worry about putting your game on Steam when you have a game to put on a Steam - that was kind of the point of my comment.

Yes…it’s because itch.io is’nt so well-known like Steam between gamers but this could very quickly change:rolleyes:

No, it won’t. Steam is a social network, like facebook. People there are not there because of the games, but because of the interaction with other players. Also Steam is constantly evolving and itch.io is not gonna catch up anytime soon.
Also, only yesterday, I’ve made 144$ on Steam - that against 28$ for 6 months on itch.io :wink:
itch.io is great for “making noise” with your game, many youtubers are checking the games there frequently. That’s for what I’m using that platform.

Eh? Itch is the one that’s constantly improving (and is quite developer-friendly, by the way). Steam’s been pretty much the same for the past few years, as far as I can tell (apart from updates to discoverability / display of games on the main store page).

Steam is, of course, where basically everybody exists, but I could see big games moving loads of players to itch, particularly if they’re early access and popular (like Minecraft or Terraria, for example).

I’d agree with that, though.

Sorry about that, i think i will be able to make the game faster if know how to sell my game, yeah like spirit, and also i will share in my blog,

Thank you, I will finish my game, and I will ask again

Can you apply without being a company?

Suddenly I don’t feel so bad for having made only 16€ on itch.io :no:

Can you apply without being a company?

No. You must have a company first.

Suddenly I don’t feel so bad for having made only 16€ on itch.io :no:

haha, just itch.io is the wrong platform for money making :slight_smile:

Any info/experience about taxes?

yes, finish and share

No. You must have a company first.

Nope…You don’t need a company…On Unity forum someone asked the same question
and member BoredMormon from Unity forum - he said ----

Why do you need a company? Individuals are legal entities that can sign contracts. There is frequently no need to form a company unless you need the liability protection. Which is pretty unlikely in games.

…just for clear:rolleyes:

Any info/experience about taxes?

you pay income tax in your country and in every country that’s different

interesting thread about Steam:D :

https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/steam-greenlight-is-going-away.455797/page-13

Sucks that is costs money to publish your game on steam, 2000 dollars, that’s a lot when it’s not even certain that you’ll be able to get that money back from selling the game.

Hahahhah… Wait, it actually costs 2000 dollars???

100$ for entry on Steam onetime pay then 100$ for each published game and when this game reach 1000$ you get 100$ back …and 30% for Steam per game…I think.

Nope…You don’t need a company…On Unity forum someone asked the same question
and member BoredMormon from Unity forum

Ok, he is right in only one case - you MUST have a registered company in your country except US citizens, they may be individuals but with a big IF in this, even there it is harder to become Steam developer as individual and not as a company.
And the OP is from Indonesia, so I guess the company rule applies to him.

Not on Steam, on Steam it’s a 100$ fee for entry and 100$ per product. However, depending on how you setup your business, it could cost you upwards of 2000$ in legal fees. Or it could be much less… It really depends on how you setup your business.