Does BGE have better Physics or Scripting than Cycles mode does?

Does BGE have better Physics or Scripting than Cycles mode does?

With scripting, I think it may be the same python power. But physics, I don’t know! Maybe it has less/worse Physics than Cycles mode has. The Physics panel look similar in BGE, although it looks like you can’t add soft-body AND other things at the same time like in Cycles, which allows you to click off buttons at the top of the panel.

Also what about compatibility - if I switch from Cycles to BGE for my project, Render can still have Cycles, great, and Physics will just happen differently ex. better, BUT, will my code still run or will it need to call BGE names!? ex. call: bge.arm004, 7kq.

You’re going to have the most power over physics with C++ and compiling Blender yourself. Cycles engine will always have better physics because the physics won’t have to be calculated as fast as possible like in the BGE. If you switch from Cycles to BGE, you will be rendering in the internal engine, not Cycles. You don’t program in Cycles as far as I am aware, other than for writing shaders, which cannot be used in the BGE.

Don’t know about cycles, but you need to indeed call libaries like BGE, and you cannot use BPY.
so probably your code that is meant for cycles will not run in the BGE and the other way around.

#edit
Softbodies can be used in the BGE

well cycles has better physics…but they are not really any good for realtime…and cycles scripting is basically whatever you could come up with I guess using the bpy module…but not after rendered frames …so…I do not really understand the question…

so

realtime + scripting + basic physics = BGE

prerendered + scripting before render to implement in said render(bpy) + good physics = cycles…

I do not recommend cycles for anything you plan to have real time though.

I don’t need real-time interaction. I plan to use Cycles Mode for best Physics, and coding my AI human baby, and render out a movie. If I want it to mimic me I can pre-setup a face and voice, even options!

Yer…yer scarin me…I can code my AI in Cycles mode right? Right? Cycles mode has a python box to code in right…it will move the armature right…it will tell when the baby’s accelometer moves ex. 5km per hour then use that in the code right? And render the images of the movie right? The code will prolong how long it takes before a single image starts rendering right?

I don’t think you can code an ai in cycles like that. You can animate it though.

Why don’t you think so? Proof…

I’m really not sure how it would work…but yes, just about anything you can think of is possible…I’m not sure scripting would be your best solution…but you can use shape key drivers etc…and questions regarding cycles are probably better asked in another forum…
that is to say, people better suited to answer your questions would be seeing your post…

I feel like for what you want to do you should use BGE, cycles is not that straightforward when it comes to what you are trying to do…although when the 2.8x branch becomes main branch things might be different.

I think your best bet is to try to implement a simple idea you have in both renderers…and whichever you are more comfortable with and gives the more pleasing results leveraging the looks vs the amount of work you must put into it.

and btw that “python box” is part of blender…it is just another workspace like the uv editor or the VSE. So, cycles does not have it’s own dedicated python workspace.

again, I cannot stress this enough…I think you are in the wrong forums…I’m not trying to be rude…may sound like it…but I am reading a lot(two, wholly smokes batman;)) of cycles questions from you in the BGE forum…

I didn’t know cycles was made to render at interactive speeds?

I don’t need real-time interactive…

I can use Cycles after BGE is done and BGE has coding for sure, but BGE has worse physics even than Cycles holds plus can’t use constraints etc. I mean, as soon as you turn on BGE, it looks…no I’ve definitely concluded, as long as coding works in Cycles mode, Cycles, then 2.8 upgrade “move”. Armory GE may have JavaScript which Lubos can add parallel computing to it to quicken my AI, and said he’ll add PhysX in a few months, and may already have PBRs (has real-time Cycles already). Armory is real-time LOLz!

I’ll post another thread in Cycles, or, well, Python forum.

Good luck with your endevours …