BGE Armature Modifier Problem ( VIDEO )

Is this Problem solvable? Is there some hidden bge python way to access which object the armature modifier targets?

That is very odd. What if you were to create a new instance of a mesh with LibNew, every time you add in a ragdoll.

What if you change the name of the armature when you spawn it? (can change an object name in UPBGE, dont know if it works in Blender)

This problem is why none of my spawned objects have bone tracking. When you load multiple armatures in referencing an object for their constraints, each constraint recognizes each target object.
I have been working on a solution for this for ages, I though I had found one earlier today, but it still doesn’t seem right.
My next attempt to fix this will probably be with a python script.
Again, each constraint is referencing each target object that is spawned. As long as you spawn one, everything will work, but as soon as you spawn another, it will fall apart.

I think you are doing something wrong in the code. Like calling the armatures by name and not by object ID or something along this lines.

Everything is locally scripted, meaning whether 1 or 50 of the same base objects is added everything will track to and align to its own parts. I’m not able to access the armature modifier in bge python, therefore I can’t make it local to each added object through scripting like I’ve done with everything else.

It’s not that I’ve done anything thing wrong in the code, there’s just something out of reach of the code.

Maybe the LibNew function would work here, but I have the feeling it would turn out like another solution I tried.

I tried to have an empty add the deform mesh of the armature, then parent it to the armature so the modifier could work. But once you add an object with the armature modifier, and its not parented to the armature the modifier references, it doesn’t work.

I also just tried changing the mesh itself using the .replaceMesh function. But it still doesn’t change the problem that the armature modifier is getting the meshes to deform to two armatures at once.

Is this problem unsolvable then?

Can you give us a blend file? I don’t think anyone has come across this before

Ragdoll_Problem.blend (758 KB)

The code might be a bit sloppy. And I have a habit of naming my variables weird things so I remember them. (i.e variable names like kaj or aba)
Sorry if it makes reading it difficult.

The Solution confuses me to no end. I simply parented a no collision object to one of the armatures hands. Then boom, everything works as it should.

I don’t even know what the problem was or how it was solved really… I guess thread this will be helpful if anyone has ragdoll issues like this.