Blender on Samsung galaxy tab E doesn't work

hello
I try to play blender on android and when I downloaded blender player and android.apk, it didn’t work my tablet ,what is the solution of this problem???

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Support > Technical Support”

There hasn’t been much development with Blender on Android for a number of years. There may not be an active solution.

There’s Blender for android?
Also, did you write the Blender for Dummies book? I bought that at the Indigo around here nearly a year ago and haven’t yet touched it. Best 50$ I ever spent.

There was Android development for Blender a few years back… mostly to do with Blender Player, though you could technically get Blender itself to work somewhat… but the interface was not optimized for tablets and there was some serious difficulties in porting Blender from the older version of OpenGL that it’s been based on (the 2.8 series will be based on a newer version of OpenGL that ports more cleanly to OpenGL ES - the version used on most mobile devices). It was a bit of a proof of concept and exposed quite a few things that would need to change for Blender to work on a mobile environment. It’s not seen any development since then.

And yes, I did write Blender For Dummies. :smiley: I’m glad you found it useful (or… at least I hope you do). Thanks!

It’s so cool to know that the author of that book is an active member of this site. It makes me want to actually sit down to read the book. :smiley: Do you have some kind of online portfolio or yt channel out of curiosity?

And they need to continue with mobile blender.
At least to have the solid view available. One thing I’ve always wished for is Blender on the go.

I’ve got some stuff on my personal website, but my reel and portfolio are way overdue for an update. In any case, I’m pretty easy to find online (benefits of a fairly unique last name). However, that’s digressing quite a bit from the original topic of this thread. :slight_smile:

If such a thing were to happen, I’d expect it to be after 2.8 is released.