House Renderings

Exterior and interiors of a house

Attachments

One more interior

The ineriors don’t look too bad, but the bump/normal on the exterior is far too much.

On a second look, it may not even be that. You perhaps need a little more contrast in the lighting so that it’s less flat.

I am sorry, if this is not intended for detailed feedback, but…

I would say you might want to adjust the people a bit. The highlights on them cannot be that bright. If you look at the tv screen, it’s dimmer then the white blouse of the woman sitting on the sofa. That would not happen in this kind of lighting situation if this was a photo. This draws all my attention to it and does not let me fully appreciate the environment at first glance.

I would leave the TV off ass well. It might be a matter of preference, but it’s usually off in fancy interior photographs because color and tone contrast on it draws attention to it and it is never the desired point of interest in interior design. Same goes for bright oranges. They should complement and decorate the interior, not become the center of interest. While the flower on the desk is too dark to be fully visible. If you cannot see it well, it might not be needed in the render at all.

Windows could have some reflectivity, I think that would add realism to the render. What’s outside will be a lot brighter than what’s inside. At mid day, if it’s sunny, the amount of light reaching the ground can be around 100 000 lux, while inside further from the window it can be around 200-300 lux. It’s quite a bit of a difference our eyes cope with extraordinarily, however cameras do not. Even while it’s not uncommon to make the outside visible anyway in professional interior photographs in post processing, it is still not that dark usually. If it’s supposed to be an evening, the background behind the trees should not be so bright and you might want to communicate it’s an evening a little bit clearer - maybe by adding some warm light.

I hope my comment is usefull. I know real work environment often has limitations forcing to ignore stuff so sorry if some of my observations are out of place here.

a hint
not finished :eyebrowlift: still learning - next time be somewhat critical & put in WIP thread

know the theory first
understand what it means to paint with light & shadow,
for post, learn the process of dodge and burn
meanwhile enjoy, observe through the lens - photography & mimic, practice a lot… take notes :wink: