Cuda and video card showing but no GPU option for rendering

Hi all,

Blender 2.78c
Video card GTX 1060 with 6g ram
NVIDIA drivers version 375.66
Ubuntu 16.04

in the cycle compute device I have cuda enabled and it shows my GeForce GTX 1060… But I have options to select GPU.

In the compute i only have GLSL compute, GLSL transform feedback, Open MP and CPU no GPU settings…

Please help rendering is very very slow…

You’re looking in the wrong place: GLSL compute, GLSL transform feedback, Open MP and CPU are the options for OpenSubdiv computing - those have nothing to do with GPU rendering.

After selecting the CUDA device in the User Preferences just click “Save User Settings”, close the User Preferences window and switch from CPU to GPU rendering in the render settings tab:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27650383/26-06-2017%2008-11-35.png

I have the same problem, its really really frustrating! I have somehow lost the GPU support because i downloaded the latest AMD driver.
I downloaded the latest official and stable release of Blender, and then infuriatingly the Principled BDSF has GONE(or not supported yet for the official release) so i can’t work on my project file.
So i try downloading the latest build of blender and same problem, no GPU compute device detected. Principled shader is back but painstakingly slow on my corei5 with no GPU support…

I read that " Blender only officially supports only the proprietary drivers from both AMD (for GCN cards: AMDGPU; For pre-GCN cards: ATI) and NVIDIA. After installing the proprietary drivers, one can select the graphics card as a compute device under…

What is a propriety driver??? i think the problem began when i updated my drivers but the latest driver is the only one AMD offers on their webstie for my card. Now i cant go back to an older driver, there is no option.

So latest AMD driver deletes GPU support for latest Blender builds… I even tried the 2.80 test build and no GPU detected either…

No, you haven’t.
You’re on AMD and have a driver issue, the OP is on nVidia and is struggling with the UI. So, you’re basically hijacking another person’s thread with a totally unrelated problem. Just saying.