Why is my render so fuzzy/grainy?

Why is my rendering so fuzzy and grainy?

How do I get rid of that?

Attachments

without the needed blend file???

too much noise from too few rendering cycles ??

?? maybe ??

There can be many little reasons for this. But most likely there is too few samples (only 32 used). Also dark scene needs more light and/or samples. You want to it be more clean? Than you can tweak clamp Direct and Indirect settings. Also Cycles Denoiser can be used to have good results to get clean image.

A.
This forum section is about sharing finished tutorials, not about asking for one.

B.
Please ALWAYS supply a simplified example .blend file with any support question.

C.
Cycles might not be the best choice for a scene like that. A large room with small light sources is a nightmare scenario for any unoptimized path tracer like Cycles. You will need many many more render samples for a scene like that to converge cleanly.

My blend file was posted here. https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?432983-Texturing-101&highlight=

Typically scenes that have less light or are simply darker tend to be more noisy and require more samples. Looking at your screenshot your scene is kinda dim, that may be what your going for but I feel like with how bright the lights in the background are the overall scene should be brighter. But an easy way to remove some of the grain is too adjust the clamp values in the sampling tab (may be performance tab idk it’s somewhere haha) to a somewhat low value. Itll help with removing some of the fireflies.

This problem has been solved, I’ve enabled GPU rendering (Nvidia SLI) and now have 1,000 samples to get rid of all the fuzziness.

Have you tried the 2.79 test build yet? Very stable and you don’t need to go to such lengths to get a cleaner render.

Moved from “Tutorials, Tips, and Tricks” to “Lighting and Rendering”