Pink Tree Scene

Im a beginner, and any feedback would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Attachments

Not bad, I think! The first thing I noticed, however, are the size of the stones in the road, they look way too big.

I made the bricks smaller and rotated the texture plane 45 degrees to show the Herringbone texture of it.:smiley:

Attachments

This could really bump up your render-time, so be somewhat careful with it, but you should add more translucency to the petals/leaves (Transparent shadows should do it with the aesthetic you have now).

Now here’s some more advanced tips if you want to go all the way.
Try subdividing the outer edge of the ‘curb’ areas. Make sure you bevel any edges you want to keep sharp before you subdivide, though.
For the tree, try adding more detail with your bark texture (even just bumps and Fresnel is good. Look at BlenderGuru for more info)
Also, make the base of the trunk bigger, and move the roots down so there isn’t a gap between the bottom of the tree and the ground.
Consider assigning a separate material for the bench legs (painted metal?) for a little more variation.
If you render into channels, multiply the Diffuse channel with AO to taste before mixing it back in.
In compositing, add a little bloom (fog glow with threshold 0 then divide by 2) and a tiny bit of chromatic aberration (0.02 or so).

Overall, great composition! I look forward to seeing what you’ll come out with in the future!