First architectural work

This is my first try on architecture. I am posting this here to get some constructive feedback.

One thing to mention:
Texture size is low, I am aware of this. Currently I am using free textures only… Going to change this. :yes:

The environment texture seems blurry or kind of not sharp to me. I don’t have an idea what is causing this. So, a few hints regarding this are very appreciated. :slight_smile:

And in general, please feel free to address anything you like to.

Thanks in advance!

p.s. I am quite new to blender but very enthusiastic

Hello,
what immediately sticked to my eyes was that the horizon seems not to correspond with the orientation of the room.
Maybe I am wrong, its just a feeling.

Secondly I would suggest to use a different material for the ceiling, in my opinion its just to much, to have the same plank texture on all sides. Also this much detail makes the ceiling look less high than it is, nothing for claustrophobic people.
Maybe just a simple white ceiling will to the job.
The Vase looks a bit lost, maybe scale it up and put something in it. For example something like this:

Lastly the table and the furniture to the left dont really go with the minimalistic style you seem to were aiming for, in my opinion.

I Like the simple lighting of an overcast day, goes very well with that scene. Edit: I agree with flyingbanana that it just need to be brighter.
Overall a good start!!!

greets,
Bernhard

Not sure if you know how to use GIMP or Photoshop, if so you can create some pretty good textures on your own with a good quality camera. Then that picture can be set up to tile or be seamless along with creating a bump, normal, and specular map. I had some pretty good results with just a 10mp camera and using GIMP with the normal add-on. Also you probably have already checked out textures.com as well but if not you might want to try there for some additional textures. You get a free amount of credits for download so you can pick up what you need there (providing you haven’t already)

Now as for the render, I agree with strapazie on the orientation of the horizon and the position of the window, now that may be possible if it is on a hill or something but it just asthetically doesn’t seem right. Also I feel the light entering the room doesn’t seem to fit quite well either, almost like it is too dark for how brightly white/grey lit the outside is. Then maybe add some additional elements like plants in the corner or something to add a little more color to the scene but not something that is so colorful it is distracting to the eye and draws people to gawk at it rather than the scene as a whole. But this is just all opinion and it is your scene to do as you please, just giving some thoughts.

Thank you very much for your feedback. It took me some time to go back to this scene but recently i did and came up with this latest render:

Due to your feedback I added some stuff including light to fit the inside lighting to the outside light setting.

Regarding the so called “hill position” of the room, I was also thinking about adding some trees or stuff outside the room, but havent tried this yet.

Regarding textures I am using textures from various sites including textures.com. the normal maps I created using gimp and the plugin but I am not very convinced regarding this method. In the end I did some black and white normal maps using just gimp. I think I need some more practice on this.

Now I would like to ask for more feedback regarding the current state of the scene.

Firefly, I believe “textures.com” has PBR shaders as a search preference. This will greatly improve your textures.

i think you should blow out the outdoor environment more… it will help itl ook like it was taken by a camera.