Modelling a headphone

Hello everyone,
I finished my Headphone(JBL_eb55t) model.
your criticism and opinions are welcome ofcouse.
Clay renders and wireframe:

I wonder if the poly count is too high

I couldn’t get the clay renders right, so if anyone got tips they’re welcome.
Thanks for your time.

Looks good to me. Now to map and texture :slight_smile: As far as poly count goes, what is your intentions for the model? Is it going to be a main focal point in a scene, just something in a room on a desk, or used in a game, or just something to model and learn on? Cause all those things have their own need for a type of poly count. For instance game use typically uses a low poly count but relies on the normal mapping and quality textures to keep the fps up and limit hardware usage. Something that isn’t the main focal point of a scene you don’t need a ton of detail or high poly counts either as you typically don’t stare at it long enough to enjoy the detail or quality of work that went into it. If its something that is going to be main focus or just an individual model then the poly count really don’t matter as you want to be able to have all that fine detail that you can for eye candy and realism and not have to rely on the texture to fake it for you. A higher poly count also helps when using a displacement modifier as it will displace the verticies in finer detail. But all in all I think the quality of work is nice. Just for future tips you might want to pick either a different background color or object color like a red clay to display your work in progress to make it a bit easier to see. But as usual on here a lot of what feedback you get is mere opinion and it comes down to what “look” you are going for.

Also here is a little tutorial on clay rendering and using render layers to do it so you don’t mess with your original textures you may already have applied.

Thanks for the feedback!

The model is just for learning and is probably going to be the main focal point in a render.
I changed the light setup and made the color more red and darker. It’s easier too see now I think.

LOL - famous last words. The number of times I’ve said that, and spent the next three months building a scene that includes, but doesn’t necessarilly focus on the original object.

Thanks for the feedback!

Not a problem glad to be able to offer it.

The model is just for learning and is probably going to be the main focal point in a render.
I changed the light setup and made the color more red and darker. It’s easier too see now I think.

That does look a lot easier to see without the white on white going on. Looks great! Looking forward to seeing the final outcome of the project