A house

I would like to read what do You think.

I’m sorry to say that the lighting is way too flat. Are you lighting this with a simple environment? Look at the corner of the building, and there’s barely any difference between the side and front. You may want to try:

Turning down the environment lighting and adding a sun. This will give you more contrast and depth.
I get that the character is just standing there, but the pose still looks unnatural to me.

You have a start, but it needs some “punch”

Thank You for the coment, the character is a photo :smiley: I hope to get better with the lights :D.

Yes I agree totally with Roken. The lighting isn’t very flattering at all. Changing the position of the light so that both sides of the house are NOT exposed will significantly change the look. What I have observed however is that you have a great advantage. Your photo composition skills are great. Not many people can add backgrounds that, even though in your case still need some colour correction, look pretty accurate.

Just take the advice given above and build on it. You’ll be master in no time :smiley:

I’m surprised the character is a composited photo, perhaps he just has an odd gait, or it may simply be down to the look of the lighting emphasising him and causing him to look out of place. When using composited photos it’s important to try to match the lighting.

I look again, and it’s clear that there are details in the texture of the building that are being lost.

Is your environmental lighting perhaps using a jpg rather than exr or hdr image? jpg have a low dynamic range and will not provide anything like accurate lighting.

Heh. You’re afraid to UV map. I could tell because I see some of the things I used to do when I hated UV mapping.
Take your time with UV mapping, the biggest issue of this image is that it’s too plain. Give the house some displace maps, some specular maps, etc.