Face shading

Hi everyone, there’s a WIP of my current project, now i ask for some tips to improve my skin shading, texture was made in substance painter, even tho i don’t get the same texture detail, i don’t know exactly why.

Also, i’m using the new Principled BDSF node. What do you think guys?

EDIT: Ah and when rendering, the eyeleashes won’t follow the particle curve, they change, does anybody know why?

shader is good, but work on the lighting.

According to my experiments;

• The subsurface color should be the color what you usually use for diffuse. And the radius is the one what color is scattered. ( redish in case of skin) . You can put a RGB input into the radius. So I would connect the texture not only in diffuse but also in Subsurface Color. (Its the surface). With the Subsurface slider you define how deep the scattering is. I have mine on 0.15 for real life measure of human in Blender.

• Specular : I wouldn’t put anything in Specular. Everything is shiny, but it’s more the roughness that is different. Suggested elsewhere is to leave the specular slider on 0.5 , and play with the roughness instead. Though when I use Filmic, I have to put my albedo values lower, resulting in a material that is to shiny. So in that case I put the specular slider lower. (Could be a hackish workaround, I don’t know).

• Roughness. As I see your image, the roughness setting could be higher. Now it still looks to plastic.

Thanks, i’ll try it, i have a specular texture but anyways i will try it. What i did insted, was to increase the roughness value.

Also, now i have a problem compositing my final render, i have two render layers but they are overlapping and cloth shadows are not projecting to the other mesh (head)