Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Myrlea, "The Shepherd's Quest"

Originally Posted by JustinBarrett View Post
    I will, thanks for stopping in...I really enjoy showing people what BGE is really capable of...I am not pushing the graphics side of things, but I am creating a large open world game, with all the expected elements such as inventory, dialogue and quests....it is nearly never the the tool, but the artist/programmer that is the shortcoming of games development...I do realize some engines are better equipped to handle some situations...but still..people say "you cannot make a game in BGE"...I say "Bullshit!"

Today and yesterday I have mostly been working on getting the start of the game going...that means only working on the elements that play a role in the start of the game...here is the current work I have been doing on the dragon....none of the texturing is finalized and no rigging has been done...but here he is. I can probably take the poly count either way...higher or lower...but seeing as this is a 'hero' character I may end up either adding a few polys or increase the texture size.
    Attachment 499380
    I like the look of it!

thanks.

I think I am done with the dragon for the moment....I still need to rig and animate it before I start to implement it...I have a list of required animations and a rough idea at least of how it is going to work in game....

final image. please excuse my poor image editing...just threw the head in last minute.
    dragon2.jpg
    "The crows seem to be calling my name." Thought Kaw.
    Myrlea, "The Shepherd's Quest" formerly "Valiant" [project]

just was doing some testing, thought it might be fun to see the dragon...not show is the start area and I've added some sheep animations...also currently just in testing. The sheep are currently eating some of the frame rate as I have about 15 of them just constantly animating with some pseudo code.

I have been switched to night shift this week and this is making it hard to work on Myrlea...just due to the changing from day to night...but I have been working on it...sorry for the silence..

1) started working on the world...re imagining with new shaders and terrain...somewhat the same, but also a bit different.

2) started working on scripted events...this has been mostly to get the game kicked off....setup of initial quest line etc...slight cinematics...nothing crazy.

here is the village where you start
    villiage.jpg
    this is outside your home where you kick off the game
    cinematics.jpg

Reminds me of the yo frankie style
    My website | My YouTube channel | My Blendswap profile | Current Project: [BGMC 25] Ant Panic!

I sell custom logos for $5 (among other things). Check them out!

Originally Posted by Nicholas_A View Post
    Damn those Good old days huh?
    With all that fun and 2 player n all damn i hope this Game also has a nice 2 player experience.

Fred/K.S
    Current project's: (BGE & UPBGE are the best ive ever used) Latest:http://Speed Racer A Whole New World 2 (2017) (WIP)

Originally Posted by Nicholas_A View Post
    Odd? it reminds me "exactly" of some of the you frankie textures hey, they are really functional and somewhat non descript...I have considered changing them though....but until then...I am using them on grass, dirt and stone

All you need is a nice sky dome or sky box where you can add changing weather !!!!! I must say im already hyped to play this Game as is !!!!
    Nice work on it bro !!!!

Fred/K.S
    Current project's: (BGE & UPBGE are the best ive ever used) Latest:http://Speed Racer A Whole New World 2 (2017) (WIP)

I am probably not going to do much in the way of weather...I will change the mood via lighting and fog etc....but I am already fighting to keep the framerate decent...particles really eat the frames(well...using addObject() does anyway) I could theoretically cycle through pre-existing objects to use and recycle through a sort of particle system, but with my world only about 15% complete(static objects anyway) I am already trying to figure out ways to keep it running smoothly...my current object count is just under 1K...for BGE that is already a lot...I will probably have about 5K when completed, how I am going to pull that off still remains a mystery...so in the end all the little things like weather are on hold.

Before anyone asks, my FPS is sitting between 45-60...obviously going to 60 in areas with little to no logic or objects....so I can safely say about 45 FPS is where I am sitting....I may end up going with more constant shading, that would mean no day/night cycle...but I can live with that too....I am already batching and have started to implement(as I build)occluders.

EDIT: 55 FPS just some tweaking.

I worked on the grass a bit today, as I started to feel ashamed of not using my own texture....so I painted my own. It is a little rough in some spots, but it conveys the overall look I want....I also went heavy on the clovers
    new_grass.jpg
    Last edited by JustinBarrett; 03-Oct-17 at 23:18.

Nothing really new to update here, I've literally just been doing world editing, I put together the intro part of the game that kicks off the main quest and just gets you going...so I am sort of building as I go at this point and when I come to a place where I don't feel something is right(like the grass texture) I stop work and get that up to standard....I could make a video, but I would rather wait until there is a bit more to show.

just some random shots while I am taking a break to eat...those mountains are real btw...at the cost of cranking the view distance up to 20Km..I wont do that before publishing...I may make it an option...but with that view distance I drop to 20-30 fps
    world_editing_mountains.jpg
    onTheRoad.jpg

A lot of babbling in my latest video...here are some of the main points.

1) New world(as seen in previous images) improved lighting and sky

2) Save/Load initial implementation

3) Compass

4) simple Cinematic events and multiple quest tracking(not in video)

Things NOT added yet...

1) trading

2) new enemies

3) no animation updates

4) no new items added(like spells or two handed weapons etc etc..)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345