Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Just some code clean up today and some bug fixing. There is a lot of messy code for the inventory and as I started to work out ALL the stats and how they add up etc I realized it was something that needed done before I go any further...you try something and it works, but you want to refine it...so you comment it out and it sits there I have about 200 lines of commented out lines of code making it difficult to read
    I can hopefully have something better to show next week...I may do some more modeling or something to break up the monotony of seeing a mario like world for every video
    "The crows seem to be calling my name." Thought Kaw.
    Project Valiant

Yeah, you could clean some of your file meshes. Like the house with like 5 materials. You could bake and make atlases from the small stuff and etc... You know one mesh, one material is one draw call or was it 2 draw calls.
    Last edited by Akira_San; 11-Aug-17 at 11:03.
    anime, manga, blender3d

oh, lol...yeah most of the models use multiple materials(hello draw calls!)...the level that you see is all place holder...about the only thing I have made that is staying is the inventory as I am getting deeper into the development the things I implement now will be more akin to my plans...the rest I will need to go back and bake into single maps....this is also the reason some maps are large...they will be baked down. I will use atlases on smaller groups of items....like barrels and chests will have their own particles etc..things like that.
    I am fully aware of the wasted resources atm but if you develop a game with only a flat plane you will run into a lot of issues later. Actually the terrain will stay, but it also is going to take a lot of work.
    Project Valiant

I have updated the initial post in this thread, mostly this week has been cleanup and improvements to the inventory(still) it is quite an undertaking to get it to the level I require..here is a 6 min-ish video with the work done since the last update. I hope it is still as interesting for others as it is for me. For those unaware I am going to release this game 100% free when it is complete for Linux, Windows and Mac if I can get it working on Mac
    without further babbling..
    Project Valiant

Inventory addendum: Very short...getting items actually working this is just a simple sword.
    thanks out to Monster, sdfgeoff, BluePrintRandom and ofc all the UPBGE team panzergame, youle and all the others. I feel although the game is nowhere near complete these people still deserve a little appreciation...none of them get paid for doing all they do for us...making upbge and the others who help on the forum. If I left someone out...let me know I will need to one day compile a list of credits for my game.
    Last edited by JustinBarrett; 15-Aug-17 at 12:13.
    Project Valiant

I have not accomplished much this week, due to family engagements taking the children to a carnival etc...
    Aside from that I have just been optimizing the inventory and fixing some bugs I had not accounted for(yes, still ) just more proof that there can never be enough planning. I also realized there is no way to destroy items...so I will have to work on that...should be trivial...I hope I can have more to show next sunday...as I consider every other sunday my unofficial time to post an update...I am only posting now because of the life cycle of most games that use bge/upbge and if things go un-said it generally means developments stops...but I am still as committed as ever
    Project Valiant

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234