Just some headphones...

Here is some new work I started last days:

Some comments & criticism would be nice :slight_smile:

Looks nice. I like the rippling of the ear piece fabric and the texturing is good as well. Only thing that stands out to me (and it may just be me) but the top headpiece just doesn’t quite look right for some reason, unless the ear pieces slide out from inside the headpiece for adjustment. It looks a little too shallow of a curve for a head to fit properly and cover the ears. But if it is from a reference picture and that’s how they are then maybe slide the earpieces out from the headpiece a bit so it looks a little more usable. But again, nice work on the detail and texturing.

Thanks for the comment!

Yeah you’re right; I’m also not really satisfied with that top part. I made some changes to the material and shape of it to make it fit better to the earparts.
I didnt make the headphones by using references for exact proportions but looked at some pictures to make the
whole construction of the headphones look quite real and relatable. I think i will also add some more detail and overall
changes to the head part so it will fit in better.

Attachments

Not a problem, glad to help with what little I know. And the changes look A lot better.

Looking good! By changing the material of the head part you already improved a lot. Normally, headphones which are not on your head are’nt that stretched. Just a quick demonstration of what I mean, explaining something in english is very hard for me :smiley:

I totally understand what you mean strapazie; and you are right the shape looks weird as long as the headphones are just laying around…so I completely redesigned the top construction of the headphones.
Here are just some quick renders of the result:

Attachments

So I made some more changes and did a first HQ render.

rendered in 4k @1500 samples in 46min
Feel free to tell me what you think about it :slight_smile:

Looks good. It has come a long way and in a good way. Nice job on the texturing too. I like it. :slight_smile:

Amazing… apart from the earmuffs, they have random creases that make it look less realistic. At least in the pictures where the headphones are on the table.