Custom Packaging design mock up tutorial help

Hi everyone!

I’ve been searching for blender’s packaging tutorials and haven’t been able to find a good one that does what I am looking for. Blender’s video shows a basic box, but my design has a slightly different shape than a basic box.

I found this tutorial that does what I need but there are no clear instructions. Would anyone be able to help show a step by step of this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SucqD3RZUI8&t=640s

I’m interested in knowing how to import a die-line of my packaging from illustrator into Blender. Fold the shapes like he does in the video and then apply the design on the 3d packaging render.

Thank you in advance!

Save the die-line as an SVG and then import it into Blender. It will come in as a Blender curve object and it might be very small so you’ll have to zoom in to see it. Scale it up as desired.

Set the curve fill to none, convert it to a mesh and remove doubles.

Create appropriate faces (without moving the die-line vertices) so you can fold the object in edit mode. Fold the object.

Create a UV map.

Delete the material that was created for the object when you imported it and create a new material that uses the design artwork as a texture image. Use the UV Image/Editor to position the artwork correctly on the UV map.

Render.

Use web searches to find help with any of these steps.

EDIT: Heh, just found this on YouTube:

1 Like

Hi!

Pay attention at this information - how to create a website mockup avoiding common mistakes It really useful article for newcomers!

Good luck.

1 Like

I tried using illustrator ai file format, but imported mesh is a mess to work with. The AI importer i use doesnt seem to work properly. Ill check this info, hope it helps. Thanks for all the links!

A bit weird using a website mockup, but some of the info does relate to product packagin visualization.