Some logic process

Hi,

I am a bit puzzled, I want to be able to get one object moving once a scene starts, but fly and land on another. I want to use the bricks only for programming as long as possible, unless I stumble and require something a bit more complex for the right effect. I’m using 2.76 just for reference.

So yeah, I have some idea, so a delay or something, but as to get an object jumping to another, may be an animation. At the very basics of this setup is how it could work. Of course the object that is the target will be in motion as will another object, where the object has jumped from, so that I’m not sure how to get that setup.

Some thoughts?

Thank you.

Is this for a cutscene? Or a gameplay mechanic? Jumping from one moving thing to another?

Hmm, that is a good question.

Well I guess either option would be nice, I guess the gameplay would be the primary one I’d like to know how to do.

Jumping From one moving object to another.blend (914 KB)

Will this work?

Thank you for the example. That is a start, of course the object jumping from the other won’t be the player, so the player will be the object that is being jumped on, as the FP will be sitting in a vehicle.

Attachments

it isn’t safe to be using Windows XP in 2017

Ohh so some kind of AI that jumps out the vehicle at the player?

If I understand it right:

Situation

• the jumping object is at a predefined position

• the target object is at a any (=not predefined) position

• at a given time the jumping object should start a jump (operation)

• at the end of the jump the jumping object should be located at the target object

Does the target object move during the jump?
Should the jumping object correct the jump while performing it (following the target like a missile)?

Please dont let people panic. it is still safe if you use a firewall on your own.
There is just no support for xp/vista anymore, all updates released the past years are still up and downloadable.

Xp, is absolutely not the best choice these days, but it is still safe to use.

I thought you could multi quote on here. Er well, I have a Dimension 4600 with a 512mb graphics card. I have access to a windows 10 laptop, but that is really a last resort, or merely to save for 64bit systems. I prefer to stick with this system. I’m currently using this as the windows 7 system which had no graphics card, the power supply has packed up. So I’ll save for another system. Change hard drives.

I lost my first response to Monster. So yeah, object jumps to object where the FP is camera, and the object remain until the FP removes it. It is combat scene.

But ultimately, the bricks need to setup an object which jumps on the moving object, and attacks, I will have an animation object doing that. But yeah, the object will be positioned on the front, so like the bonnet/hood, in a crawl position, hanging on. I hope, i can achieve that. Eitherway, I don’t know how this would work, object attaches to object and attacking scene entails.

Thank you.

Well, they’re technically correct. As it is no longer supported, it does not receive security patches, and makes a good target for viruses / malware.

Sure, but on selective sites, it is fine. Firewall on, and firefox with the last ESR update, now that is occasional. Version 52.2

True, in the larger picture XP is a no go for sure.

If you just use it for blender and browsing a bit, youtube, etc, and you have a virus scanner and a firewall running, you dont have to worry, but if you use it for online money transfers (personal data, etc) then it’s a no go in any circumstances .

Logining into email is okay. I don’t have an online bank account, the closest would be Amazon UK.

So long as a user is careful, it shouldn’t be a concern. I only use this for the youtube and blender game engine, but since my other system is no use, I had to return to using mail, and just visiting certain sites is a very slow process. At least I have some systems to use, it would be poor situation without one.

Well, on the file, I added two motion bricks, so the two objects are moving, I could parent the AI to the moving object, and arrange for it to move and it can animate too.

I’m just not sure what to do, a parent brick would be the option for that.

I’ve tried to get something going, so once an object hits another it should remove, and then that collision triggers another display which is parented to the vehicle.

I’m not sure now what I’ve done incorrectly or needs to be added for it to work, nothing is working.

Obviously I need cube objects around the model objects, as well it didn’t work without these, and it still doesn’t.

Attachments

I tried using some python code, but I don’t know, I can’t quite make much of it. I used it from an old project file that I was helped with the code, as there was no brick program alternative.

Here are a few screens.

I tried box instead of attacher, what is the solution to this?

Thank you.

Attachments