Bisect isn't working intuitively

I’m in Blender 2.70 right now because it’s the most stable for exporting to Unreal 4 (as far as I know) and I’m having trouble using the Bisect tool to create rocks. It seems as if the angle it bisects off the mesh is random, I can’t tell where it’s going to cut or how and it’s never the angle that I want it to cut. Am I just stupid, is this a settings thing or a version thing? I remember it working just fine in an older version I had. Here’s a video to demonstrate, I could very well just be dumb and not understanding how to work it properly

The latest Blender version is the most stable for exporting to UE4. Try bisect in that version.

The latest version was what I was using until a few days ago when it completely ruined some of my character meshes. Settings didn’t seem to matter, it just couldn’t export skeletal meshes properly. Is there any way to run two versions of Blender on your computer at once?

Yes, just download the zip versions and extract them somewhere. I don’t see why the latest Blender version would mess up your meshes, I’m using it without problems.