One Man Band

YEAAAH!!! finally i share this character with you.
Made in Blender with textures from poliigon.com
Ande thanks endless to friends’ suggestions!!
I used the 2.79 version of Blender, testing the Principled BSDF Shader and the Denoise function.

Render does not do justice to all the hard work you did, try to make other rendering, only thing that I am not convinced are the tentacles, too big in the middle. I hope to see other renderings of this project. Congratulations for all the work.

Nice work:) He’s like a cthulhu’s rebellious kid:D

I really like it. 5 stars from me!

Absolutely love it! It honestly does give me a Pixar vibe. Great work! It must be an illusion since the cup model is real and not added in later, but the edges of the liquid look too dark for some reason? Not sure what could have caused that. Absolutely stunning work though.

I’will try to give a completely honest opinion with the purpose of trying to help OP make the image better, and also because it is in the top row. I think the tentacles and their deformation break the image for me. My eye was immediately drawn to the tentacle holding the guitar by the neck - it looks unnatural and weirdly deformed, like a plastic forced into position. Also, the guitar feels like its floating in the air without anything to support it - that is not how a guitar is held, even if it is by a tentacle creature. No shadows and/or ambient occlusion on the floor with the stands also looks quite harsh.

Hy guys, thanks for feedback!
the edges around the glass is caused by a glare node added befor the mix beetween forground and background. I would to have two different glare and it causes this issue.
@swene, tnx for deep feedback!:slight_smile: i agree with you. This is caused by a not-excellent rig and some bends are not natural. I should have collapsed the armature and smooth with sculpt!..yes

nice work DAVE !!!

I like it, but those arms are too flat, and wide in the middle imo…

I think this was very well done. I think you captured something really nice here. I don’t mind the tentacles since there’s no intent to be physically accurate. This is stylized . . . which is why I think it works. Plus it doesn’t take very long to look at marine life to realize they can contort and disfigure their bodies. Especially octopus and squid . . . which this fits that family IMO anyway. Could it be a stronger composition, probably . . . but that isn’t a detractor for me. I think you did a great job. You nailed the elements within the character that tell a story. Great job and keep at it! (5-stars from me.)

Awesome work!

this is almost exactly the Oktapodi character. Other than that, good work!

I have to mirror this opinion – the objects and squid look phenomenal in the separate renders but the action render seems a little strange. I think the facial pose could be more extreme – without a mouth, the squid’s face doesn’t match how animated the rest of the scene is. I also think the lighting could probably be adjusted to create more contrast. I would probably adjust the depth of focus too – either really narrow so the body and the guitar are the only things in focus, or really wide so you can see almost all of the items clearly.

I can’t say I understand why the champagne glass is in there thematically, but it does provide some great up-close activity – like we’re about to be doused and I dig that. Seriously, this is great modeling and pretty damn good composition. The render could just use some adjustments. Great job!

cool! good job!

Hy guys, thanks a lot for these feedbacks