Individual origins does not work in uvmapper?

When using “individual origins” in the uvmap I’m not getting operations to work for individual origins. Instead it seems to use a single pivot. For example I have a bunch of circles selected and the scaling for example does not work as individual origins. Instead it works as single origin. The circles should scale individually smaller, not smaller and towards the center when individual origins are selected. In normal modelling the individual origins works as intended but not in uv editor.

Maybe I’m just missing a trick here or I’ve just missed some little tiny detail?

I’ve added a simple mesh as an example. Just open the file and in the uv editor just press s and try to get the individual circles that are selected to scale individually. To make all the circles smaller but not move them towards center at the same time. It works in 3d view but doesn’t work in the uv editor.

Attachments

issue.blend (659 KB)

4 downloads but no comments? Could you at least confirm that you get the same issue even if you don’t know how to solve it?

You need to disable “Keep UV and Edit mode mesh selection in sync”:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27650383/30-06-2017%2006-55-44.png

Thanks for that. It is still super finicky and doesn’t work always.

And that is super annoying. I have lots of little things where with perspective projection I get lots of vertices on top of each other making it impossible to select the correct ones from the uvmap window :frowning:

Maybe there is an addon that fixes the issue. I can’t really understand why that sync is needed for it to work…

It isn’t, that’s the point. “Keep UV and Edit mode mesh selection in sync” is OFF by default, because it can have some unwanted side effects. You must have enabled it somewhere along the work on your file.

That’s what I meant, I just got the words the wrong way around

Yes, I’m of course sometimes using it and sometimes not using it depending if I need it. I’m familiar with the feature I just did not imagine that could be causing it…

I just remembered that one of my uvmapping addons also needs it to be turned off/on before it can do its thing so it is probably just some blender limitation. Which sucks which was my point. In my view the individual origins does not work correctly as it is. It is basically the same thing as as fictional example where individual origins would only work in object mode but not in edit mode. I can work around it but it sucks. Of course it works in edit mode but that was just an example.