Text editor questions

First off, sorry…not really sure where I should ask this, but I assume the most knowledgeable people for my questions would be here…

Does anyone know a way or workaround to have blender automatically re-import scripts being written in external ide’s? Always having to click that little life preserver icon and have it re-import is kinda a PITA if you are doing a lot of small changes across multiple scripts.

or an addon that will allow me to collapse my functions etc inside the text editor?..this is the main reason I use an external ide in the first place. That and tracking variables etc…

By scripts do you mean scripts for add-ons? If that is the case, it might be easier to test changes from the custom add-ons / scripts directory in user space (where the “install from file” option copies scripts to). Then you can enable the add-on from Blender’s user preferences and hit F8 to reload all scripts when you want to test changes to the code

I’m actually just doing simple scripts for the BGE, but as I said…I do not like to use the built in text editor…my project is growing to the point where that is almost not an option whatsoever. For the things I am doing logic bricks are next to useless.