Disable smooth in BGE

Hello everyone.
I downloaded a 3D model from sketchfab to test it out, I intentionally downloaded a low resolution, flat-shaded model.
While in the Internal render everything is fine, but as I switch to Game render, as soon as I press “P”, the mesh turns smooth (which is what I don’t want).
How do I disable such smoothing? I would like to see it flat shaded!

Thanks in advance for any help.

And, one more thing: In the logic editor I added an Always, then an And, then an Action, to play the animation the model came with.
I linked those together, but the animation won’t play.
In the model, the armature is the only modifier.
Not using the game engine the animation plays ok.

Open the ‘T’ panel and, with the object selected, under Tool -> Edit -> Shading, click Flat.

Thanks a lot, I solved half of the issue.
Now I’m left with the animations, which won’t play in BGE even tough I used the right actuator.
Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.
Here are the setting I’m using in the actuator:

If you post a .blend it would be pretty simple to fix probably because I don’t see anything wrong of the bat.

The only thing I can think of is if you have more than one animation trying to play at the same time.

How do you know it’s a bat, if I didn’t mention anywhere in the topic?
Anyhow, here is the .blend file:MicroBat.blend (3.4 MB)

the bat itself cannot play an armature action.

the armature has to play the action.

MicroBat.blend (3.39 MB)

Believe me, I tried adding an actuator to the armature because I thought it were this way.
But Blender didn’t allow me to add any logic to it (not only actuators)…
Thanks tough, I completely solved my issue.

well the armature was hidden with “H”

you can unhide all hidden objects with “Alt+H” or unhide a single object if you click on the eye in the Outliner Window

meaning, you cant add logic to a hidden object. the OP probably figured this out, but just incase someone is wondering.

If you look at his location, it says “Sometimes here and sometimes there”. This is because he lives in the fourth dimension and time does not matter to him.

Idk what to say :slight_smile:

If you look at his location, it says “Sometimes here and sometimes there”. This is because he lives in the fourth dimension and time does not matter to him.

What happened was I was trying to use the expression “Off the bat” and I accidentally said “of the bat”

but that doesn’t mean I don’t have control of the 4th dimension :slight_smile:

Oh my gosh, this is hilarious!

Well, what does “off the bat” mean? I guess it’s a way of saying.

immediately…directly…without hesitation.

Lol, ok. I misunderstood him/her, lol