Almira

THIS IS MY FIRST ATTEMPT TO USE TEXTURE PAINTING TO MAKE A MATERIAL WORN AND OLD.
I HAVE LEARNED THIS FROM YOUTUBE TUTORIAL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzJO6sizYjY
I used texture on wall and inside Almira from site named Poliigon. The floor texture I got from Pinterest.
I don’t know is it allowed to share links of other texture sites that’s why I didn’t mentioned the links of the sites.

Attachments

I think the texturing is done well, it does look ‘worn’ but not old. Sort of like jeans you buy already frayed.

Thanks…But I wanted it to look old…so I failed…

Hm it is strange to do an old worn based on a tutorial about metal and rust, since your picture will have neither metal nor rust. But that’s basically a painting tutorial where you paint on the other texture?
Also apart from the texturing you should go into sculpt mode and really actually damage your object, taking out and trimming down the edges. And then maybe more parts with wood showing? The yellow paint looks so bright like it’s freshly painted, which doesn’t seem like the right color you’re going for. See if you can find an antique painted object and see what the paint looks like after 50 years, indoor wear.

Also you will want to see tiny lines of wood showing through where the grains are in some places. Also if you can afford it, there is this digital tutors tutorial. Which BTW I kind of drool for, they don’t use blender, so you’d have to approximate as best as you can… but look how beautiful and sexy this trailer is ::drools::

1 Like

not failed… you’re learning
observe old furniture to see what you’re trying to achieve
then you’ll know how paint, wax or lacquer fade as they age - surface looses gloss & colors desaturate :wink:
cracks and other minute damages turn up from use… but that’s the next level

1 Like

I think that it looks like it could use a little re-painting. Now, the first thing that I would do is to move the camera. You’ve got a “bulls-eye” straight-ahead shot with about as much “not-the-cupboard” in frame as “is-the-cupboard.” (Nobody really cares about the concrete wall … why should they?) Let the camera be to one side and tilting. Get up-close and personal to the thing that is your intended subject. You don’t even have to show all of it. If the secondary-subject is those things that are sitting on the upper shelves, feature them​ and the shelves.

1 Like