Pirate's Cove

Hi all! This image won the BLENDER ITALIA CONTEST (June-2017) - Pirate’s Island. (https://www.blender.it/news/vincitore-contest-l-isola-dei-pirati/) Thanks to all www.blender.it community. Modeling, render and compositing all donel in Blender. It’s my first attempt to mdeling an old wooden warship! I choose the Queen Anne’s Revenge from Pirates of Carribean, because it fascinated me! Not a perfect model, but it was a good exercise for me. Hope you like it!

1 Like

well done! very cool work!
i would just have a remark about the cave’s rocks are too glossy.

Looks amazing! I really like it

Good job! it reminded me One-Eyed Willy!

Thank you all!

@islara1 You’re right!..i tried to recreate a wet rock…need to improve my materials skills! :wink:

It’s very much like the newest Pirates of the Caribbean 5:D

nice work , i like it

This is an incredible work! :open_mouth:

a lovely piece of art ! 5*

Pretty wicked…

Thank you all, guys! :wink: It was an hard work, expecially for the ship…but for me is not complete as model…but a good excercise to improve my skills!

I like how you got that over-exposed, misty atmosphere of the exterior. Nice sense of contrast.

This looks awesome! The amount of detail you have in here is great, and adds a lot of depth to the piece.

If I can be a little picky, I think the outdoor lighting is a little blown out – it might be realistic (since, if this were a photo, it would probably be blown out due to taking the picture in a cave), but it doesn’t really help the image. This could probably be helped just by deciding which part of the image is more important and keeping that area clear. For example, if you think the ship should be in focus, make the outdoor lighting really crisp and clear, while keeping the in-cave lighting darker and maybe blurry.

I think the model is pretty damn cool, honestly. The render just needs some adjustments, IMO.

@jakeh14
You’re right! Good crirticism…yes, the outdoor light is a little too strong…and the ship is not complete…but the contest deadline has palyed an important role in the work-prcess… i need more practice to improve my skill, but i have only few minutes -not- every day for work on Blender…thanks, anyway…i’ll keep it in my mind, good tip!

This is an amazing job!
Congratulations!
How complex and it is really good to know that it is a pure Blender!