Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Originally Posted by Akira_San View Post
    But what if im wrong and Eevee turnout to be too heavy for a game engine! On the road map we still have everything uniforms and clustered lighting(forward+ renderier) Time will tell.
    Even if it is not true for the initial version, the Blender core developer have a strong interest to make Eevee as fast as possible. If that is true for actual movie models, it should even more so be the case for game models.

yeah, tangent animation just donated quite a bit of money for a developer to make eevee faster
    Break it and remake it - Wrectified
    If you cut off a head, the hydra grows back two.
    "headless upbge"

I've a question for the UPBGE developers...

Years ago (2013), ton rosendal presented this solution for the BGE:
    "Or more radically worded: I propose to make the GE to become a real part of Blender code – to make it not separated anymore. This would make it more supported, more stable and (I”m sure) much more fun to work on as well."

My question is: Why you guys decided to not follow this way? Keep the BGE separated is a better solution? Thanks!

migrating to the new render, and new dependency graph is the first steps,

then construct logic nodes with a better apache licence or something,
    make them work in the viewport and exportable saleable format, with easy publishing and with protected assets encrypted in files loaded by the BlenderGamePlayer like bpPlayer.

potentially allow old python api and new logic node api to both still work in the game engine?(amnesty?) however old code api would automatically be gpl
    where as new nodes and new pyapi are not?
    Break it and remake it - Wrectified
    If you cut off a head, the hydra grows back two.
    "headless upbge"

Originally Posted by Teresproductins View Post

"Or more radically worded: I propose to make the GE to become a real part of Blender code – to make it not separated anymore. This would make it more supported, more stable and (I”m sure) much more fun to work on as well."

My question is: Why you guys decided to not follow this way? Keep the BGE separated is a better solution? Thanks!
    There were several factors. A very important one was clearly that the new viewport did not exist, so there wasn't a common ground to work on. The reason for the fork was a too restrictive commit system: https://blenderartists.org/forum/sho...-of-the-engine

Now that Eevee is becoming more and more usable, there are discussions about using the new viewport in the game engine too and to also bring the changes made in UPBGE back to Blender. As far as I know there is no public document about the current progress. However, this is the initial mail from Tristan with a proposal: https://lists.blender.org/pipermail/...ly/048473.html

I talk only in my name.

- Write a new engine from scratch seems too hard (for me at least). I guess panzergame could do it but if he does it alone, there are chances that it would take years if he's working alone.
    - It's not us who wrote the game engine as it is. We just choosed to continue its development and try to modernize/improve it.
    - The solution proposed by Ton would be suitable if some C / core coders were involved in this BIG project during a long time. In 2013, the bge was very faster than viewport, so we'll have lost performances if we have used Blender code.
    - The reason mentionned by Dantus is true (for me). I don't want to ask BF grant each time I touch to Blender code.
    - With the game engine independant we have more freedom to code, and if some BF devs wants to remove it (it is the case currently), we can easily keep it working in our fork.
    - We code in c++ whereas Blender is coded in C

We do for the best with our abilities/man power/task force (Personnaly I'm a newb so I have no idea how to code a game engine from scratch). I like the game engine as it is. There are lots of criticism about the fact that bge can't be maintained, it costs too much to the BF. The BF has nothing to do to maintain bge. If the bge is broken, as it was the case when they begun to write evee, we can repair it and we won't ask anything to BF. We propose to keep the game engine, to do our best to integrate eevee features (even if it sometimes means to duplicate some code), to do the maintenance without asking anything from BF devs. With counterpart, we ask to have hands free (or almost free at least for what is inside gameengine folder) to continue to develop bge.
    Panzergame could become the bge module owner, like Moguri was before. What we have to offer is: work for free for bge and do the best we can to make it as fast as possible, but keep the old game engine spirit. Panzergame is very talented, he'll have free time for it, and during all his computer studies, his conception of the bge can change. I have free time too as I'm retired. If someday panzergame has a plan to make it more tied to Blender, it is never too late.

I add a note related to discussion on pipermail: I guess this wouldn't be a big deal to have game engine working with clay engine shaders if some BF devs want
    Last edited by youle; 12-Aug-17 at 23:16.

Thanks for sharing some insight and perspective youle, it really help me understand the state that we are in...and wow...thanks to the team for UPBGE...I know it is all free and I cannot thank you guys enough for it.(old man )
    "The crows seem to be calling my name." Thought Kaw.
    Project Valiant

Just spotted this from youle.
    Project Valiant

Yep i tested it. With a spot lamp would be cooler
    I found, that adding more lamps makes the fps to go down.
    anime, manga, blender3d

I guess fog is not global then...too bad...it would be nice if each light and the environment acted together...per wolrd/environment volume and or per light...but eevee is still young so..I guess it is better not to speculate too much....still waiting for cascaded shadows...and sun shadows in general.
    Project Valiant

Yep, its all work in progress. Nothing final.
    anime, manga, blender3d

anime, manga, blender3d

New build eevee_volumetrics Win64 vs2015; https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6...UpsTk1UM1otVHc
    anime, manga, blender3d

It needs something to run these builds? Because I've tried both of them and give me an error:

System Error - OpenColorIO.dll not found

hmm, the dll is in the dir.
    anime, manga, blender3d

It's strange, I searched for this DLL on the dir but I found nothing. Also I tried the 2.8 version of blender to see if this dll is there, but I didn't found it too.

here's a screenshot:

error.png

Edit: bah forget about it. For some weird reason when I was extracting the eevee-bge branch rar this dll went missing, like it was deleted, on both eevee-bge and 2.8 branch. Probably because of my anti-virus.

Anyway, are you facing any crash issues? I get some while picking, for exemple, a velvet material and when changing the color it crashes, also the same if I put the material to glass or even if I press TAB to change to edit mode. Does it require to much of the machine?
    Last edited by Hdhunk; 20-Aug-17 at 00:42.

I ran across these missing dll problems as well I initially. My Antivirus (Norton) declared more than a dozen files (Dlls and python stuff) of the upbge installation folder as unsafe - reasoning with "Bad reputation", which in my experience usually comes up with files which do not appear in their statistics yet.

There should be a way in your Antivirus to declare them as safe manually.

Its normal, but dont really know, it might be cos of your video drv. The branch is made to test the Eevee postprocess using UpBge.
    anime, manga, blender3d

Yeah, my antivirus is norton too and do the same, but I only disable the auto-protect to work.

There should be a way in your Antivirus to declare them as safe manually.
    I going to see this.

Also I've see the this crash problem could be related to specs. I am using a Intel HD graphics 620 and Intel Core I5, i did a little search and a lot of others users with Intel Graphics I guess are facing the same issue (i think I saw it on the github) and the 2.8 dev are working to fix it

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456