Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    BPR can you please ask that guy Ton if he is gonna give us a GE in EEVEE? Why he no tell us? Ask. Tell him peoples projects are at stake and people need to know future plans. Also ask if our projects can open in this new GE. Tell him we need that too.

The guys over at the Blender Foundation aren't going to develop a BGE for Blender 2.8 or eevee. Twister and the other devs at UPBGE are currently working on making UPBGE merge with eevee. Things aren't going very well for them but fingers crossed that they will be able to produce an eevee UPBGE. If not, There is still going to be UPBGE, but only with the current viewport.
    My website | My YouTube channel | My Blendswap profile | Current Project: [BGMC 25] Ant Panic!

I sell custom logos for $5 (among other things). Check them out!

I meant an interactive mode in Eevee, By the sounds of it Ton and them are actually doing this, I don't know though. Not a full GE but a simulator at most...

Originally Posted by ADVANCESSSS View Post
    I meant an interactive mode in Eevee, By the sounds of it Ton and them are actually doing this, I don't know though. Not a full GE but a simulator at most...
    What's the difference between such a simulator and a game engine from your point of view?

That it has what we all would need - code ability, render, physics, object stuff. Just no marketplace, networking, maybe even exporting, etc if you get that.

What do you mean by marketplace?
    My website | My YouTube channel | My Blendswap profile | Current Project: [BGMC 25] Ant Panic!

I thought I heard online that ue4/unity has a ad service, or marketplace to buy/sell on, or intergrated into the workflow. Also partially my observation.
    Last edited by ADVANCESSSS; 29-Sep-17 at 19:59.

Originally Posted by ADVANCESSSS View Post
    I thought I heard online that ue4/unity has a ad service, or marketplace to buy/sell on, or intergrated into the workflow. Also partially my observation.
    There is the BlenderMarket, but it is not very popular for game engine assets as far as I can see. If it was more tightly integrated into Blender, there would be a chance that more assets for it would be produced in my opinion and not the other way around. Those markets are driven by content creates and user demand. If the amount of people who use the game engine/interactive mode is raised, the demand is going up automatically.

Regarding the networking and maybe exporting features that might be missing in the interactive mode, I haven't seen any claim about those so far. Of course some features might have to be removed, but usually the Blender developers try to keep them if it is possible.
    To me, your claim is kind of representative for several people who raise concerns about the interactive mode. Of course, it would be a huge change. But from my point of view, the future possibilities with it are far beyond the ones from the current game engine.

This sparked my interest...I do not know if this will speed up the drawing of scenes or just the time to start the game(e.g. conversion process)..
    removed derived mesh renderer
    "The crows seem to be calling my name." Thought Kaw.
    Myrlea, "The Shepherd's Quest" formerly "Valiant" [project]

Can we manipulate the mesh data from inside the game in the future? like boolean csg?

You already can do that

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789