Image won't load

Not sure what the problem is but I can’t upload an image to the weekend challenge, it will be my first time of entering but I guess that would not be the problem.

I go to the end of thr thread, click on the go advanced tab then try to upload an image, it’s only 160kb. I get the message “sending request to blender artists” then nothing ,save for the spinning icon. I could wait for five or ten minutes but the image never loads. This isn’t a problem I have encountered before.

Cheers for any help with this.

What is the image format you’re using? Also, please include your operating system and browser (and versions of each).

Thanks, Fweeb. The image format is a 160kb jpg image. My operating system is Linux Mint 18.1, with the Mate desktop, and my browser is FireFox version 54.

Strange. I can’t reproduce the issue here. Does it work with other images? Are you using any extensions or add-ons in Firefox?

You may also try putting the image up on pasteall.org or imgur. Then I can try to do the attachment, too.

Here’s a link to the jpg version of the image http://imgur.com/wGIIbRb

I have noticed if I change the image to a png then I can upload it here at Blender Artists, I can also upload other png images, so I guess it’s the jpg format that is causing the problem.

The add-ons I have in FireFox are HTTTPS Everywhere, Privacy Badger and User Agent Override. I also have FF sandboxed.

Cheers for having a look at this.

I
can’t remember if I was uploading to blender artist or using some kind of program. I was having issues with a jpg image and resaving as “jpeg” worked. Have you tried saving as jpeg? You wouldn’t think it would make any difference.

Thanks, AFWS, that works. I just tried saving the image as a jpeg and not a jpg as you suggested and it uploads to the forum. It does appear to be rather odd that a single letter can make all the difference but there it is.

Cheers for the tip.

Now that is strange. I wonder if there’s a check for file extensions…

I must have been trying to upload to blender artists then, lol. I’m on so many forums and use so many programs I couldn’t remember where I ran into that issue.

yeah it is. I thought jpg and jpeg is the same thing and didn’t matter which way it was.

They are the same thing. I can’t reproduce this on my home machine. I’d suggest trying to do the attachment with browser extensions/add-ons disabled.

Just tried to upload the jpg file that I had the original problem with and the problem has gone away. I have no idea as to why, the only change to my machine since Sunday, when I first tried to upload the file, is that I have upgrade my OS from Linux Mint 18.1 to 18.2.

The add-ons in FF were still enabled when I uploaded the file this time, I did plan to disable them if I had no success.

It’s all a bit of a mystery to me but such things happen.

Thanks for all the help with this, sorry it turned out to be a bit of a time waster.