Wireless mouse for Blender

Hi,

I am looking for new wireless mouse. Can you recommend something good? Now I use Logitech AnywhereMX and I hate it:no:. Problems with double clicks and loosing connection.

Do you know another wireless mouse with smooth scrolling?

1 Like

Personally, I sacked wireless mice and keyboards. They all seem to have one problem or another. Now, I buy a good make with a good braided cable.

1 Like

I agree, always is something wrong. But i have no space for another cable.

You can buy a USB extender/hub for a few dollars, make sure it’s 2.0 or higher. For casual computer stuff a wireless mouse is fine but for blender those batteries drain fast and every time the battery runs out you have to troubleshoot why the mouse cursor suddenly stopped. Occasionally I would calmly replace the batteries and get back to whatever I was doing but most of time it’s rage filled.

Got this last month and it’s a great mouse, aside from the mouse wheel feeling a little cheap and middle mouse is very hard to press at times, hence I moved it to the 1 key. I still give it an A. Not an A+ though. Very comfy. Work of art.

After a week or so I landed on this setup. Far less shifting and taking my hand off the mouse now.

Try a SteelSeries Sensei, it has a nice comfortable curvy standard grip unlike most fancy gaming mice and is quite reliable.

Price is a bit on the high side so you should rather see it as an investment if you decide to go with it.

Thanks for reply.

@FoundationsofPause: Your mouse looks sexy. I can imagine functions for all of these buttons. But I am sentenced to the wireless mouse :confused:
@GrimZA: Itlooks like something for me. But price is too high.

Is there somebody who have experience with A4Tech Bloody Terminator RT7 and Blender?

Try Dell, i am using it.

Thanks for help. I’ve just bought A4Tech and testing with Blender.

R.A.T. series seems to be very good for Blender!

I don’t know, but A4Tech RT7 works pretty fine https://www.bloody.com/en/product.php?pid=10&id=171

But what about the driver SW? I heard that for MACRO function to work U have to buy the FULL version of the SW and dunno if its a one-time or monthly payment and what is the price. Macros could be super-usefull in Blender!

Yes, macros need additional purchase. I never used it.

Can you write what you do with macros in Blender? I never thought about that, but maybe I should to try it?

I have my brand new Zelotes C-12 mouse now and I have to say that macros are awesome! For example You need to rotate object around X axis for 90 degrees very often and it needs pressing 5 keys to do so (R, X, 9, 0, Enter) … using the macro it takes only one click on the mouse! Now You could think about many other examples for sure :wink: .

I use the very basic Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Bluetooth Mouse. One nice thing is that it doesn’t require a bluetooth receiver to be plugged into the laptop. I use it with my MBP without issue. I have been tossing it my backback for about 2 years now. Still works just fine.

I’m looking for a new mouse so I thought I’d chime in here as well. Working in a moving car a lot, I’ve dropped this mouse one too many times and it needs replacing.

Currently I’m using the Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Bluetooth as well and its a great mouse. As @cadaei mentioned, its stand out feature is that it is bluetooth and requires no dongle. This is surprisingly rare and as someone who works from a laptop with limited ports a highly prized feature. The other thing that the Sculpt mouse does right is the middle mouse wheel. So many mice get the scroll wheel and wheel click wrong. They are either too noisy or too difficult to press and as 3d artists we use the mouse button and wheel ALL the time so this is one of the most important features of a mouse. Sculpt mouse wheel is quiet, nearly effortless to press, and has an easy smooth scrolling action. Ergonomically they are great as well with a smooth curved surface and a shape that’s been proven over time. Surprisingly, (to me at least) Microsoft mice have been a go to for years when fancy Logitech has failed and gone in the trash. This mouse isn’t perfect though. In my opinion the touch pad on the side is too sensitive to be useful and was actually counter productive with so many accidental touches that I have it permanently turned off. So that leaves the mouse with a bare bones sort of functionality. In summary, the high points of this mouse are its dongleless wireless functionality, effortless middle mouse click and scroll, and strain free ergonomics.

As you can see I’m pretty happy with my mouse and am only looking to find something a little more fancy. I will probably buy something with all manner of buttons and doodads and eventually come back to this standby.

1 Like

It may be more mouse than you are seeking, but I will chime in anyhow because perhaps my suggestion may possibly be a worthy upgrade / replacement for the Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Bluetooth Mouse.

The Logitech M720 Triathlon Mouse is an excellent device. Not only is it a Bluetooth mouse that does not require (Though it includes as an option) a dongle, it can be paired with three different computers should you have such a need ever. I personally find it comfortable to use, being not too big and not too small. It also seems to be fairly durable as mine has survived multiple tumbles down the flight of stairs in my home (Have laptop will travel about the abode).

My favorite feature is the multiple programmable buttons which I have set up to simplify pan/rotate navigation, object/edit mode switching, view port cameras, and transparency visualization in Blender 2.80. I’ve also have setups for other applications but it is in Blender where these programmable buttons really shine. Since I work mostly on a laptop at the moment having as many visualization options literally at my fingertips without having to remember keybindings helps a lot.

For the record I am one of the many new folks embracing Blender earnestly for the first time due in part to the changes introduced with 2.80. Thus your potential use of the programmable buttons may vary greatly based on experience / want / need.

Long story short though, the Logitech M720 Triathlon Mouse is an excellent device, give it a peek:

Thanks @dcbCreative! I really appreciate the input and will check this mouse out. I have been burned a few times in the past few years by logitech mice so I am a bit wary. However, I do have the Logitech K480 bluetooth keyboard which also can be paired to 3 devices and it is a fantastic keyboard. Thanks again.