Blender for the blind

Blender for the blind. From paintings to relief. 3D modeling in Blender, background with CNC machine, character with 3D printer. For the museum de l’Ardenne in Charleville-Mézières (France). Research project with Université Reims (IFtS Charleville-Mézières) and Université Technologique de Troyes.
Exhibition at Cherleville durng 2018.
Visiti my website [www.invisibleart.eu

](http://www.invisibleart.eu/)

Attachments

Fantastic!

Thank you. Next week I will post here pictures of the real 3D printed model. It’s on the way. Made in 6 parts with a CNC machine for the background and the rest with 3D printers: Objet and Raise machines. For the moment the last part is being done. This week-end, sandpaper and glue for mounting the parts together.

Ooh… Will be waiting for to see it :slight_smile:

great.nice to see blender used for this.

Really awesome.

Sorry for the bad quality of the picture taken with a smartphone in the workshop. Tha last part of the model is not still ready

Another relief for the blind. Bruegel, the blidn parable, Museum Calvet, Avignon, France.
This relief is on the way for an exhibition at 16 - 17 september at Avignon.

Attachments

That’s wonderful!

First step finished. And now, glue, sandpaper and white acrylic polyurethane spray painting.

Very interesting project. How large is the finished project?

The dimensions are 70 x 45 cm. That’s a good dimension for blind people, not to large, not to small.

Thanks for yoir interest for this project.

Here is the finished 3D model. Dimensions 60 x 7 cm. Background CNC machine. Chaaracter and objects, 3D printed.
We are preparing an exhibition only with reliefs for the blind facing the original paintings for 2018 at the “Musée de l’Ardenne” at Charleville-Mézières (France).
The exhibiiton is planned for a 500 m2 room at the museum. I am working for 8 paintings in relief. I will show those works in this forum.

Keep us posted. Hopefully you get a good turnout at the exhibit.

This is awesome, amazing work!

This is one of the most innovative/original applications for 3d DCC software I’ve ever seen. I imagine the number of 3d artists whose work has been featured in an art museum is a very exclusive club.

OMG, that’s fantastic work. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is great stuff! I’m also highly impressed with what I see on your website.

Hello

Here is a new work for the future exhibition. A 19th century painting of Paul Preyat: Charles de Gonzague (founder and builder of the town of Charleville-Mézières (France)