Blender Earth

Hello,

I recently completed my first project in Blender. I did the Earth render for my friends slideshow. Please see attachement Liisan maailma … .jpg.

How can I make the render more appealing? I followed the Blender Earth (Cycles) tutorial https://www.blenderguru.com/tutorials/earth-cycles. I would like to add some halo or maybe the blue glow in the Earth’s atmosphere like in the attachement Like this.png

Looking forward for your help.

Attachments

In the blender guru tutorial, most of the effects are done in post render compositing. Yours looks like it’s straight out of the render, in which case, finish the tutorial.

EDIT: This is how mine finished up.

EDIT 2: Ahhh, memories.

Thanks for the hint. I completed the tutorial and added some other graphics.

I do not get the lighting! The sun is behind the earth, as this lens flare indicates, but the eart is perfectly lit? Is there a second sun?
And what about the moon it is lit from the top left and the eart from the right?
You need a better base sphere! There is stretching on the north pole!
Have a nice day!

Thank you for your critique. This earth is stylised not accurate. The importance was to show France and east Asia and also Arctic Countries. Sun and moon are just for cool effect. I admit their position is slightly silly so you are right. The stretch on the pole is something I don’t know how to fix. Maybe you would?

Use a cube and subdivide it to get a “round cube”
You can uv unwrap it as well if you need to

There is an easier way (as the cube has strange UV).

1. Just SHIFT + A -> Mesh -> UV Sphere
  2. F6 -> change Segments to 128 and rings to 64
  3. Shade Smooth
    The previously stretched area should look like this:

And you did not even used Subdivision Surface!