The Jumper

Tell me what you think of my modelling and animation skills. I’ve been working with Blender for about a year, and this shows some of my abilities so far.

Wow. Not one response.

Don’t take it the wrong way when no one says anything. It’s most likely that the people who have seen it hasn’t had much experience in that field or thought it was interesting enough to watch but not enough to comment. Personally, I thought that the animation was pretty good, but there should have been some anticipation before he made the jump.

Good Work! was the run cycle done along the path.

Thanks for the input. This was simply an experimental animation, not anything more. I had all these building props made and I wanted to put them in an animated scene, so I just added in the jumper and used him to practice doing run animations. The run cycle was done manually and not on a path.

I have many more short animations here…

The fall rate looked constant instead of accelerating - he also should have retained forward momentum while falling.

The run and the landing animation I thought looked pretty good.

@cadaei Thanks for the critique. I do see that the fall rate should speed up some, so I’ll fix that. @XeroShadow also commented that there should be some anticipation before the jump. I’m not sure if he meant for me to add something in before this scene, or that the jumper should pause before jumping. I think there should be something leading up to the jump, so I’ll try to come up with something.