Deadpool Statue | Kfir Merlaub Art

Hi Everyone!

I Would love to share with you my latest personal project:
“Deadpool”
A digital statue fan art inspired by the Deadpool (2016) film.
Deadpool’s appearance as performed by Ryan Reynolds (in costume)

Sculpted in Blender and Zbrush

Animated and rendered in Blender’s Cycles render engine.

Same workflow here as the Spawn Project:

Trying for the first time to use Image based lighting. Using a 360 Degree from google street view for the estimated location of the film in Vancouver Canada.

My goal with this project and the next ones, is to get as realistic and detailed as possible, and that the animation will very much resemble the product trailers of Sideshow Collectibles. Working very hard to get there.

Would love to hear what you think :slight_smile:
Kfir

Attachments

4 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

Wow! it is possible to get my jaw back please! Fantastic job

That’s very clever. Nice material work too.
Out of curiosity, why did you decide to go with Zbrush exactly?

That’s pretty awesome, except in the video, it starts looking full size, and ends looking like a miniature, and I’m not sure why. If that’s deliberate, kudos.

Very nice and impressive! Really love how you present your work. Kudos!

Once more, your skills are off the charts, man.
#inb4toprow

Thanks so much guys!
@Roken, I did try to get the 1:1 look as if its from the film. I guess its the DOF effect. Which shots did you notice it? I would love to learn for the next project

@KingPeuche, I sculpt in Blender and Zbrush. I use Zbrush when I need to get into high polycounts. I do not use the multires modifier because no topology is applied to this model. I will incorporate topology in my next works though. And I will then try to refine the workflow.

Appreciate your feedback! I am encouraged to get better. Can’t wait to Blender’s new Eevee!

It’s literally at the end. I double checked and I can’t see what’s causing it. First thing I looked at was DoF, but I’m not sure it’s that. I honestly don’t know, but he seemed to go from full size to miniature at the end.

Nevertheless, awesome work.

EDIT. Just watched again, and the effect is there, but now I don’t know if it’s because I saw it, and can’t un-see it, if you know what I mean.

The only thing that comes to mind is the change of camera animation speed. It seems to be faster (slightly) at the end, which maybe creates the illusion of differing scale.

Thanks! Yeah I think it might just be the last point you mentioned. Perhaps the camera’s fast twisting motion as well as motion blur got that unwanted reduced scaling effect. I am btw immune to see it as I my eyes got too used to this project to be able to judge :wink: Thanks for the tip! I will keep that in mind for next project…

very good work ! five stars from me

Superimpressive work once again mister!

Waiting for wireframe render =)

incredibly awesome!!

What the actual- That’s frigging insane!!! That is the most brilliant piece I’ve ever seen done in Blender. That is phenomenal! 10/10!

Really excellent work. The level of detail is amazing.

Ouch :eek:. Really great :).

Thanks so much guys! Really encouraged to continue and create more :slight_smile:

Here is a workflow overview sheet from concept to result.

1 Like