Ridefilm Animation

Hello…

I am looking for a Blender artist to create approximately a 5 to 7 minute (or thereabouts) 2k animation for a demo presentation. Essentially this will be (almost) one long continuous animation - with only a few transitions. It’s a space scene. I have acquired a motion platform and I’m currently building a realistic cockpit (similar to a Federal shuttlecraft) to sit atop the platform. (I will be taking care of the live-action visuals of leaving Earth and then the return to Earth - but the return will still be required up to the atmosphere.) Inside, people will be treated to realistic visuals of leaving Earth, flying around the International Space Station (model will be supplied) as well as traveling to the moon with one of the Apollo sites (models of LEM lander and other items hopefully will be supplied) - and then it’s warp (transition) to Mars where we will see a Mars base (model will be supplied) - and then some flying around Mars - into Valles Marineris - a large cave, and other areas.

I have the complete script prepared and will provide it to interested parties after I have seen your demo reel. Obviously a proficiency in space scenes is helpful. The camera will always be moving - to allow the motion platform to do its job - but it won’t be moving too much since we don’t want nauseous passengers. :wink:

I’m a “Lightwave guy” so my files are in LWS and LWO formats. Some of the models I already have - if you have terrain models of the moon and Mars - such as Valles Marineris - that would help. I would love to get into this myself, but the building of this cockpit is taking longer than I anticipated… and since I’ve procrastinated on making this ridefilm… I decided to see if anyone in the Blender community would be interested. I anticipate that this ride will be very well received - and this is only the demo.

This new business will be much larger than a single small spaceship demo, and I expect to create many more ridefilms similar to this demo - but also much more involved. Imagine landing at the Mars base mentioned above - exiting the spaceship - and you are at the Mars base. Then there is another adventure leaving from the Mars base. I anticipate the visuals to become more and more exciting as time moves forward.

So… it is highly likely that this business may be something that will require many more animations. But for now… this is a paying job. It is not much, because I am just starting the business and this is a demo - so the pay is only in the neighborhood of about $500USD. (I know, it is quite small for the length of the animation.) If successful - and I truly believe it will be VERY successful - future work will be guaranteed. Of course… the quality of the visuals will always need to improve as well as the scripts for each adventure.

Files should be in the EXR format (32bit float; lossless) - I will bring them into Fusion to grade and adjust - then into Vegas (or Resolve) to add several items as well as sound effects.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks for your time!

Interesting project ! Here is my demo: http://leonarddoye.wixsite.com/leo3d/video

Hope to hear from you soon.

I love space scenes.

PM with details.

Here’s a planet I did a few months ago.

Also, part of a background from over a year ago.

Thanks to everyone who replied in this thread and in PM’s.

We’ve got our Blender artist for this job.

Thanks!

Dave W.